• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My new yellow 850 T5R, ARRRRRRR!

This is awesome news John, welcome to the club...I agree with everything you say about going from the old to the less old. I remember how great the Vron was, but then once I got into the 850, there was no looking back as an everyday driver.
Things you must do...

-Manual
-Manual
-Manual
-Manual

If you do nothing else...

Congrats on a great buy!

Down the road I will probably do the manual swap and minor upgrades. But for now I'm just looking forward to putting the absolute minimum time/money/effort into it to make it a nice driver, because if everything works out then in 2-3 weeks my brother and I will drive it across the country to Vancouver for the summer (Meg and Clara will fly).

Phil we will definitely have to hang out, as families! And of course you and I will have to run off and do a typical lame "yellow" photoshoot :cool:.

lol @ yellow photoshoot
Suck it Piker...In the nicest of ways of course

yay at coming to the best coast to visit.

Totally agree...that would be so much fun to see you guys again...and see the little one!

If you are pulling the engine, putting in the manual at the same time is just such a no brainer...The only hard part would be putting in the pedal box, the rest is a freakin' snap...

Looks like you've got things pretty well figured out. I might suggest that now is the time to do the manual swap, while the engine is out and such. However I understand with wanting to get it all in and together and simple and what-not. If it helps, I have a good clutch and PP along with a new TOB that I could have shipped to your door for $100.... A stock NA clutch and PP, but the one that came out of the 13.3 at 107 850 of mine without ever slipping :)

Otherwise, get the parts together for the manual swap slowly and sit on them until it's convenient. That is probably the most documented thing on VS (manual swapping).

Enjoy the car, shine her up real good! Yellow photoshoots FTW!! :rofl:

Does the car have an EGR or an air pump? You may want to check that the engine you pick up from the wreckers matches up. There are some variations in the engines for the Canadian market.

Good question! I have no idea. I don't seem to remember seeing anything that jumped out at me and showed itself as either of those things, but I'll take a closer look. However keeping the intake and exhaust manifolds from this car, wouldn't that let me keep any accessories required too?

Back