• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Eaton M90 + B230ft

The fab part isn't that hard as long as you have the proper equipment and TIME. It takes TIME. More time if the skill level is lower. I can cut and tack everything I need, just can't weld worth a **** anymore because I don't have access to a machine to practice.

Tuning isn't that hard either if the car is properly equipped.

The fab part isn't that hard as long as you have the proper equipment and TIME. It takes TIME. More time if the skill level is lower. I can cut and tack everything I need, just can't weld worth a **** anymore because I don't have access to a machine to practice.

Tuning isn't that hard either if the car is properly equipped.

Welding is no task for me (MIG or TIG)
Daily profession: Automotive Technician (Euro)
Not a lot of experience with tuning so that will be the biggest task for me.

The tuning part isn't that hard, it just takes time before you can really run the car hard or you risk the big bang.

Get this done! Someone needs to do a clean, professional looking supercharger install on this forum.

The tuning part isn't that hard, it just takes time before you can really run the car hard or you risk the big bang.

Get this done! Someone needs to do a clean, professional looking supercharger install on this forum.

I do if you count the miata :). Oh wait you meant volvo...

The above statement is false, most of the time.
There's a reason it's called benchracing. It's not because the parts are sitting in a warehouse, it's because they are on a bench. If the benchracers on this forum had money but still needed to do the fab and put in the time, the same amount would get done. The Buchkas are broke and look at them.

OP this isn't directed at you.

I surely plan on it!

Update: Removed #2 park plug and was able to see what looked like a hole in the piston... Gonna remove the head in the next couple of days and let you guys know.
Any suggestions on great turbo pistons? I think I'm going to buy a set of RSI forged H-beam rods and try to track down a penta crank.

I'm reading this thread with great interest. First post on bricks, I have 1991 740 GL with a 2.0l engine. I bought it as it was cheap and was going to sell it on but it is such a good driver I want to hang on to it and modify it for a little more power.
I have a Jaguar XJR6 that I'm breaking just now, I want to keep a hold of the Eaton M90 and mount to the volvo lump above the alternator with some kind of heavy bracket taken from the block and head. I was thinking of just running it like that with no IC for a while to see how it does hoping the LH 2.4 would adjust enough for me.
After measuring the jag blower and volvo motor the output of the charger pretty much lines up with the volvo throttle body.
The air intake needs a snake bend to make it round to the airbox (airflow meter)
I use the volvo most days so it'll be a running modification any thoughts. I have all the facilities to fabricate anything and I am a welder by trade.
Cheers

Yes its not hard and been done before there's a guy who has a volvo that is turbocharged and twin supercharged.

Yes its not hard and been done before there's a guy who has a volvo that is turbocharged and twin supercharged.

Crikey, that must be something!!
Do you think the N/A B200F will stand up to adding the blower with no extra mods?
It's just a cheap upgrade and a bit of fun, no crazy power but at least 180 hp would be nice.
Hopefully the stock CR ratio and a bit of boost will be fine.
What do you think?

Crikey, that must be something!!
Do you think the N/A B200F will stand up to adding the blower with no extra mods?
It's just a cheap upgrade and a bit of fun, no crazy power but at least 180 hp would be nice.
Hopefully the stock CR ratio and a bit of boost will be fine.
What do you think?

Might want to use a better head gasket than the stocker. IIRC the stock HP output of an N/A B230f is 114. you will probably want to add an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and higher flowing injectors, not to mention a better fuel pump. Just make sure your engine is at a good stage 0 tune before you get the super on.

I'm interested in seeing how your bracket design comes out. I have one in mind that I will sketch out, scan and post.

Also you may want to think about intercooling. You can mount the charger upside down and mount intercooler over the top of the engine.

My two cents.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your results!

Bump: did anything come of this project? fwiw, I think an eaton m45 would be better suited to the project than the big m90

Did this happen?

I believe Lankku made it happen, but not with a M90.

Post from: http://www.forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=351804

You could also double your troubles and go for a HX40 and M65 with LH2.4.
23.jpg

I find it so strange that this got bumped. I stumbled on this thread a couple days ago. I'd love to throw my M90 on the 240 with Microsquirt and a 4l60e. I don't know why. There's a reason this hasn't been done much. It's wayyyyyy easier to just get all the stock turbo stuff and bolt it on.

Making a pulley for an M90 to work with v-belts would be tough. I think bolting a modified SBC serpentine crank pulley on top of the stock water pump pulley to drive the SC and bring it forward a little would be the best and easiest way.... not that I've thought about it or anything. lol I wouldn't twin charge it though. I'd just put the M90 above the exhaust manifold, run it through a stock IC, and keep my AC. Let's be real though. I'm not going to end up doing any of that.

Back