• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

plenum intake manifold

89-240gl+t

Hey guys planning on building an intake manifold for my 242, purchased the prefolded yoshifab plenum. Have a pretty good idea of how to build it, going to be using a b21 manifold and use the runners from there. Drill the holes for the injector bunds and weld her all up. I know that the 16v manifold would be easier but I have the b21 manifold on hand.

Wondering if anyone has photos of one mounted to their car showing how it clears the power steering reservoir. Preferably a build thread would be great. Have seen Nathan’s thread but curious if there’s anything closer to the yoshifab setup

Last edited:
Why not just buy an intake manifold? Do you have the ability to weld aluminum? And why not just use the b230f intake? Is this for 8v or 16v?

Why not just buy an intake manifold? Do you have the ability to weld aluminum? And why not just use the b230f intake? Is this for 8v or 16v?

I like building stuff and I have everything to build one, I can weld aluminum(not the prettiest but it works). I have a 8v, the stock b230f intake flows pretty bad, upgrading to a bigger manifold is much more beneficial.

I like building stuff and I have everything to build one, I can weld aluminum(not the prettiest but it works). I have a 8v, the stock b230f intake flows pretty bad, upgrading to a bigger manifold is much more beneficial.

How is the stock intake manifold limiting your performance?

Edit... it is your money... and time. Just saying if you’re gonna build a manifold, build a manifold.

How is the stock intake manifold limiting your performance?

Edit... it is your money... and time. Just saying if you’re gonna build a manifold, build a manifold.

Search here and you’ll see that the b230 manifold bad, pretty restrictive compared to the b21 or a plenum intake

Yeah I’m going to build a manifold, it’s my next step in my build to match up with my head

Last edited:
Search here? Lol. Thanks that made my day. What kind of power are you putting down to require a new manifold? 150? 160 rwhp?

Good luck with your project.

Search here? Lol. Thanks that made my day. What kind of power are you putting down to require a new manifold? 150? 160 rwhp?

Good luck with your project.

You don’t know how to use the search function here?

Yep 150 to the crank haha

93 B230FT block, KL Racing T3 Cam, Dual Valve Springs, 38/46 Valves, Ported, ARP Head Studs, T5WC, MSII-Extra, EDIS, Nathan Exhaust Manifold, Ebay Turbo , 90lb injectors, Full E85, 3" exhaust

Back