• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Check out what is headed to my house!

nice score

thanks Mat. I have been following the work on your car. I really like what you have done with it. I think it may be the same color as the one I am getting. I have used the SEM paint and been real pleased with it. A lot of the trim pieces on my 240 were biscuit color til I painted them. I like Justins' idea of getting the 140s together. Can't make it all 142s so Gary can come.

Wow what a nice find! Enjoy that new car. It complements your other fine choices very well.
thanks Dave. Unfortunately I have to sell my 122 now. I've been working on it to get it nice for someone. I may put on ebay as they have been going for pretty good money. Its a bummer to pay so much to get the 142 here from New York, but even with that expense, I still am lower than VPD charges just for that engine. I have all the parts for a big bore B20 and wouldn't mind looking over that head to see what I could glean from it. It has 50k on it so it will not be coming apart for awhile yet.

just out of curiosity how much did you snag the car for?

I bought it for less than it was for sale for a few years ago and I gave a pretty good hint when I said I am getting it to Ca for less than a VPD ll engine. I think the owner was ready to move on and he knew that I would take good care of a car he liked a lot. We have been in touch for a couple years. I feel like I got a good not great deal but one I was happy with. After searching unsucessfully for my "perfect car" I found a car that had most of the mods I wanted, and in the end it was cheaper that buying a pristine rust free stocker and doing all the work myself. My plans without having been able to evaluate the car in person is to move toward a cosmetically nice car with a possible T-5Z conversion and a TruTrac install. This may turn into my dependable daily driver, with replaced parts from this car contributing to a "show" 142 using the rust free non runner I have been looking at. My 242 may be sold to finish out the two cars once I have them in acceptable condition. I just am ready to get into the 142 series and see how it comes out.

thanks Mat. I have been following the work on your car. I really like what you have done with it. I think it may be the same color as the one I am getting. I have used the SEM paint and been real pleased with it. A lot of the trim pieces on my 240 were biscuit color til I painted them. I like Justins' idea of getting the 140s together. Can't make it all 142s so Gary can come.

thanks, SEM has a quality product.

other cars have been a priority lately, I need to refocus my energy and get this back on the road before the summer is over. A 140 meet sounds great :oogle:

Back