• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

wasted spark for your MS'd brick.

megasquirt-vr-input02.jpg

I followed Mikes directions yesterday and came up with my VR sensor conditioning circuit. It did take me a while to do, probably half a day of fussing around with it while watching family guy. The other thread he made (and linked to at the top of this post) is a great tutorial for how to wire it all up.

Ok people, this is pretty much done. I have to run through it a few more times to spruce it up, but think it's pretty legible. Please let me know if it needs improvement.

The only thing left really is the factory tach output. I never got that working well. The DSM/Hyundai coilpacks come with a tach output circuit, but hooking it directly to the factory 240 tach didn't make it budge. I'm not sure if it needs to be pulled up to 12v, or if a tach circuit needs constructificating. Sam, what did you end up doing?

Mike

Got a stupid question: if you're running a 36-1 on the harmonic balancer (crank pulley), in which direction do you start counting? Same or opposite of crank rotation? EDIT: I think I know the answer

Nice write-up; really easy to follow, but I can't get the trigger settings figured out so I'm going with this Excel tool: Wheel Decoder

Hmm, I went junkyarding today and couldn't find this particular coil setup. I found many coils that looked similar, but none that had the two modules nearby. I checked the 4g63 motors and the Hyundais. What cars did these come on?

Nice write up, I might do this one day. I am currently running MSnS-e with a hall trigger and MSD ignition, it's done everything I need it to. Whats the main benefit of running EDIS over my current setup? What will I gain?

Hmm, I went junkyarding today and couldn't find this particular coil setup. I found many coils that looked similar, but none that had the two modules nearby. I checked the 4g63 motors and the Hyundais. What cars did these come on?

Hey Nick, I did some searching on www.foreigncarpartsonline.com and found the coilpack to be present on 92-later 16-valve Hyundai Elantra's, Accent's, and Sonata's. Ditto for the DSM's

Nice write up, I might do this one day. I am currently running MSnS-e with a hall trigger and MSD ignition, it's done everything I need it to. Whats the main benefit of running EDIS over my current setup? What will I gain?

This isn't EDIS... EDIS is Ford's method of doing wasted spark. Benefits? More coil saturation, higher potential spark energy. You don't have one coil charging and discharging 4 times... now the duty is shared. What did I notice? Smoothness.

Mike

on my led17 for spark i just pulled from the led square pad, no rez, no led in there either, i see you an led in there and 2 rez

Hey Nick, I did some searching on www.foreigncarpartsonline.com and found the coilpack to be present on 92-later 16-valve Hyundai Elantra's, Accent's, and Sonata's. Ditto for the DSM's

Mike

Found one this morning. A Hyundai 1.8 had this exact setup. Most of the DSM ones in the yard were melted and didn't have the transistor module w/ them. Once I realized the car had the goods, I pillaged it in about 15 minutes. 11.25$ and I was out. Thanks again for the writeup, I can't wait to get this car running!

Back