• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Carbon Fiber Flat Hood Run Need Mold

As one of the less than maybe half a dozen folks on here who has actually ever produced a composite body panel, my suggestion is make something simple first. Like a timing belt cover, and just get a feel for it.

How about going even MORE simple... like a coffee table coaster.

Isn't your credit line at The Bank of Jonathan stretched enough as it is? ;-)
CF bits would be for my cousin. We have even joked about building an entire shell. :-P

You've just described a Corvette. Sort of.
Everyone has a Corvette. :roll:

A hood or hatch will be the simplest in terms of body panels but certianly not "easy"

Making a door that retains all of the factory mounting holes for all of the door latch hardware and interior bits and pieces and the latch pieces is a MAJOR project. I don't think i could do it to be honest. Not without 10k to burn just figuring it out and a year off of work to mess with it.
There is a member here who has FG 242 doors. I know because he outbid me on ebay for them several years ago. :-(
If you see this, want to sell them?

Glass fiber versions are available...from Sweden.

http://rpglasfiber.com/

Prices are in SEK. I do not know if they are willing to ship to USA, and the freight payments might be a killer if you order one piece only.

Did the gemini units mount to the original volvo hinges using the original hardware, and did they have the original sub-skin on them? Did they use the original hood latch?

Why not just do fiberglass? Pretty much the same weight.

'cause it is something that can actually be done at a reasonable cost...

one would think before asking if anyone wants one, they would have researched how much the material alone would cost and then the labor...you don't need a mold to do that...

material and labor is not going to change much whether you make 2 or 10 of them, heck, I bet at 20 the price wouldn't drop much....

Anybody have pictures of the underside of a gemini hood? I'd like to see how the edges were finished, etc etc.

oh yee of little faith, I have found someone who is close who thinks he can get a flathood for me to mold. I have the time, the experience(my uncle), the materials, and the machines. There will be at least one made(for my car) and then depending on how that hood comes out and the price point there will be more produced.

oh yee of little faith, I have found someone who is close who thinks he can get a flathood for me to mold. I have the time, the experience(my uncle), the materials, and the machines. There will be at least one made(for my car) and then depending on how that hood comes out and the price point there will be more produced.

:x:

761590.jpg

that could be cool... ps anyone?

"Volvo 240 Banracing frontspoiler
monteras p? st?tf?ngaren"

Pris: 3 200,00:-

A currency changer online thing said that'd be about $527 canadienne dollaires

Back