• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ebay intercoolers: Which one might be good?

I used to have an "RS-500" intercooler. It looks like this:
rs500.jpg

MAN that looks familiar...

I think I have something like that on the way, but the outlets are a little different. I'll let you know.
:-P

hellllloooooooooo pressure drop. try it and see. and do the oil cooler daisy chain while you're at it. and then compound your problems with compound turbos. twin exhaust? dual coils? twin plug head? two throttle bodies? pulse paired header(s)? endless possibilities of duplication, all of it bad juju

127093302.jpg

ebay cooler with garrett core. stop being a complete cheap ass.

better shot of the end tanks.
59273231.jpg

What If I stacked two of them?
WIN

Only if you consider 15psi in and 10psi out "win"

it's not that bad. I think that core was ~ $480

Not bad? Those are magazine ad prices! I can maybe see $480 for the finished product if the performance is stellar but not for just a core. Call me spoiled by our very cheap DIY aftermarket but really...

Last edited:
Not bad? Those are magazine ad prices! I can maybe see $480 for the finished product if the performance is stellar but not for just a core. Call me spoiled by our very cheap DIY aftermarket but really...

lol. Then stick with the ebay $100 intercoolers and $135 turbos.

fwiw, even that intercooler in stock ebay form required the apparently kingly sum of ~$250 when I bought it several years ago.

Last edited:
lol. Then stick with the ebay $100 intercoolers and $135 turbos.

fwiw, even that intercooler in stock ebay form required the apparently kingly sum of ~$250 when I bought it several years ago.

i went with the $1200 turbo and the $150 ebay intercooler. i figure it's better than the $1200 i/c and $150 turbo. you tuned it out to 370whp @16psi, not too hateful.

Back