• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 b230ft start

faruk850

So I have a 1988 740 turbo b230ft m46
I was thinking of putting in a few new gaskets and putting in some new rings so i have lurked and was wondering what size rings should I get and from who should i get them from?
or should I just go to the JY and get a 93 b230ft and I also need a distributor with the lame hall sensor or impulse which ever you want to call it but all the ones at the JY and broken?:-(
should I just buy a new one off fcp? and if im putting in new rings what else should I get Bolts? if so from where and which?

Thank you so much
and sorry if the post is annoying anyone

Regarding the engine electrics: you need to make sure that the sensors match what the controllers are expecting, so if you have LH2.2-EZK115 with the Hall-type sensor you need to stay with that or swap over the entire system to a crank position sensor controller and sensors.

What did you notice that makes you feel the need to do the rings/gaskets, or are you overboring the engine? I've never had to replace rings, though my Volvos are all low-mileage (under 500K).

If you have a drill press with a vise you can replace the Hall sensor on the distributor, but you need to know how to work with metal because there's a steel rivet in a very soft aluminum plate, so it's easy to gouge it. I've done mine, but nearly ruined it - if you have the money just buy a rebuilt unit. If your engine is the crank position sensor then you can replace it easily if you take care not to break the bracket.

Regarding the engine electrics: you need to make sure that the sensors match what the controllers are expecting, so if you have LH2.2-EZK115 with the Hall-type sensor you need to stay with that or swap over the entire system to a crank position sensor controller and sensors.

What did you notice that makes you feel the need to do the rings/gaskets, or are you overboring the engine? I've never had to replace rings, though my Volvos are all low-mileage (under 500K).

If you have a drill press with a vise you can replace the Hall sensor on the distributor, but you need to know how to work with metal because there's a steel rivet in a very soft aluminum plate, so it's easy to gouge it. I've done mine, but nearly ruined it - if you have the money just buy a rebuilt unit. If your engine is the crank position sensor then you can replace it easily if you take care not to break the bracket.

Yeah im sticking with the Hall-type sensor, Dont feel like swapping in a whole new system.
Im going to try and JY one today if it doesnt work I'll go for a new one from fcp. I feel like theres a little slap going on, So I was thinking of rebuilding it and so I could run a little more boost. Thats why I was wondering should I rebuild the 88 b230ft i have now or get a 93 and just throw that in and call it a day?

Back