• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

smallest intake manifold for B230ft?

Avol

Hello,
looking at doing a swap and need to get the smallest intake manifold available to fit beside my brake booster...I've got one of those big boosters from 1971....swapping into a 1800..
any suggestions?

Booster Delete?

Or, try to fit a Ford Cosworth YB intake manifold.

mreng1.jpg

You might have to do a custom intake. Are you mounting the B230FT upright or at an angle?

I used the stock one on my 122, no brake booster and it barely misses the MC (and I modified it to move the throttle body to the top):

122_B230_intake3-1.jpg

Send me your email address, I have a writeup on a B230FT in an 1800 that might help out.

Paul

Here's the one I was thinking about (he removed the brake booster):

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=114173&highlight=b230ft

IMG_3417-1.jpg

Second on the remote booster. I've got one in my '66. Apparently it was a dealer-aftermarket option installed by some. You could also get a new remote servo booster from jegs or somewhere else. I'll probably keep mine (after changing the MC to dual circuit and appropriate size) since I'll need all the maneuverability I can get, swapping in a B5234T3.

It's also worth noting that dual circuit remote boosters are hard to come by. It may just be easier to properly size your master cylinder to use no booster.

Last edited:
Hello,
looking at doing a swap and need to get the smallest intake manifold available to fit beside my brake booster...I've got one of those big boosters from 1971....swapping into a 1800..
any suggestions?

Which car ? Thought about just planting in a 16v BB?

Back