home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #376
igor
Fika?
 
igor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Zealand
Default

Fantastic.

BTW, is this it - are you done with the carbon fibre work now? A shame if we won't get any more, but can't wait to see everything come together!
igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #377
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell
 
Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookforjoe View Post
This carbon fiber work is just nuts - nevermind the finished product, the level of work required for the entire development process is outstanding.

Once I'm done with the nose on my X1/9, I really should figure how to make a 'plug" (?) incase I wreck it again :D
You'd be using the nose as the plug and you'd make a tool (mold). Thanks - it's been a lot more work than I had planned, but I'm happy with the result.
__________________
- Craig

1966 Canadian (B5234T, C4 up front, Supra out back and a nut in the middle) http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=328003
1981 242 (B230FT, LH 2.4...and a few other things)

YouTube channel covering Canadian build https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsx...n3CiBQFd4rMyXw
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #378
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell
 
Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor View Post
Fantastic.

BTW, is this it - are you done with the carbon fibre work now? A shame if we won't get any more, but can't wait to see everything come together!
One more major part - who knows about the rest, but I'd like to move on and make progress without the massive delays.
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:53 AM   #379
igor
Fika?
 
igor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Zealand
Default

I'm surprised that there's anything left to do! Inner door trim? Dash? Bumper?
igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:54 PM   #380
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell
 
Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor View Post
I'm surprised that there's anything left to do! Inner door trim? Dash? Bumper?
LOL - things that have been suggested include roof and the rear quarters...aside from all the whining that I didn't do the inside of the doors.

You'll have to stay tuned - some major things to do - how's a guy supposed to keep up with the Buchka's?
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:34 AM   #381
Alex Buchka
8 cylinders
 
Alex Buchka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
LOL - things that have been suggested include roof and the rear quarters...aside from all the whining that I didn't do the inside of the doors.

You'll have to stay tuned - some major things to do - how's a guy supposed to keep up with the Buchka's?
You're going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep up. Carbon engine block? Carbon Pistons?

Or you could actually drive your car one day and win by default
Alex Buchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:13 PM   #382
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell
 
Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Buchka View Post
You're going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep up. Carbon engine block? Carbon Pistons?

Or you could actually drive your car one day and win by default
3D Printing in Inconel...I don't live in Narnia. I'd lay odds you guys drive your car before I drive mine.
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:15 PM   #383
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell
 
Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Default

Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:27 AM   #384
Karl Buchka
Board Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Default

Have I mentioned that you are a crazy person?

Loving the work and the videos. You do a great job with both.

When are we starting an "idiotic forever project car" support group?
Karl Buchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:55 PM   #385
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell
 
Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Buchka View Post
Have I mentioned that you are a crazy person?

Loving the work and the videos. You do a great job with both.

When are we starting an "idiotic forever project car" support group?
Thanks Karl. I think we're all just a slight variation of the same person. We're all a bit nuts. I'd for sure join an "Idiotic forever project car" support group. I think I've been asked 1000 times "why Volvo" or "why not LS swap it" or the geniuses that work out that I spent more on carbon fibre than the car is worth.

They will never get it.
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:43 AM   #386
JW240
All idiot, no savant
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
They will never get it.
+1
Catching up on the videos, great work.
JW240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #387
Hodginsa
Always
 
Hodginsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dundas, Ontario
Default

I had no idea that was your Youtube, recently subbed before seeing this build thread.

Wish you were in Ontario, I need some help with some floors! haha I have been watching your videos for motivation.
__________________
http://idlehandsproject.com - Keep me busy.
Hodginsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #388
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell
 
Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Default

Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #389
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell
 
Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodginsa View Post
I had no idea that was your Youtube, recently subbed before seeing this build thread.

Wish you were in Ontario, I need some help with some floors! haha I have been watching your videos for motivation.
It's a small world. The entire YT thing was motivated by not being able to make reliable posts on this forum anymore. I'm sick of image hosting pirates.
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.