• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

lh 2.2 shorting out?

Mr.240

1988 245 aw71 bone stock. Tried to jump off my friend today (Bad solenoid) as soon as I touched the jumper cable to cable coming off the positive terminal my car died. So I restarted my car, started his car and was my way. I got maybe 3/4 mile down the road and the car died I jumped out and pulled off the postive battery cable reconnected and it started back up, it did this 3 more time on the way home while also missing. So when I get home I mess with the cable and it dies again, and I came to the conclusion that every time that I nudge it ( its tight) the car stalls, after it stalls and I move the cable I can hear a clicking noise thats coming from the passenger side of the can near the wiper motor.:wtf:

So far ive cleaned the contact spots between the cable and the terminal.

Thanks

-Brad

If you didn't apply power to ground, I'd say the symptoms are most likely wire harness related. Check grounds as well.

It can also be a bad powerstage. Had one work a little by disconnecting the battery and or cycling the key. Could also be the main power wire I think its on the passenger side under the hood?

Back