• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did you trim from the splines of the input shaft? It seems mine is too long by about 1/2" or so.

I trimmed 5/8 off the pilot snout and 5/8 off the splines. Honestly it was pretty time consuming getting the taper right and you can buy v8 fox body input shafts for like 70 bucks on ebay. The upside to machining it was i milled it so i could use a stock volvo pilot bearing

Due to some space constraints on the car having the new style ac, the the car is going to have a single wastegate off the back of the turbine housing like the atp setup. This will clean things up nicely

Heres some more in progress pics of the header i forgot to post.

I reclocked the stock compressor outlet. So the turbo clears the alternator no problem.

I trimmed 5/8 off the pilot snout and 5/8 off the splines. Honestly it was pretty time consuming getting the taper right and you can buy v8 fox body input shafts for like 70 bucks on ebay. The upside to machining it was i milled it so i could use a stock volvo pilot bearing

Hmm. I'll do a little research on a new one and what I need. Thanks for the heads up!

Header will be finished tomorrow. Getting the intake manifold tomorrow as well. Ill get all that mounted up and snap some pics. Started on another project this weekend as well. Ms3pro on a lt5 in a 57 vette. Should be a nice change of pace

Hes aight. Its a pretty small machine. When he had the big miller it was always alot nicer but he doesnt have room for a big ass welder at his shop now

It is something new :) that was a 67 stingray with a lt5 we wired up to run accel standalone. Which was pretty much ms1. Pretty archaic stuff but it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back