• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+T 15g oil feed

TheVolvo966

Sorry for another +T thread but i'll try to keep it short and sweet so this can die.

Car: 89 244 B230f+T

Problem: I installed the 4AN 90 degree fitting in the front of the block and have a 15g that requires a banjo bolt style fitting for the turbo oil feed. I do not want to drill the block to use the metal oil feed line i have for it, and am looking for ideas how to get around this.

What i was thinking: I have a section of 4AN braided line (i think) that i was considering cutting to length and sliding several inches over the banjo line (after cleaning it and spreading a film of grey silicone on the metal where the hose will contact), then putting a couple hose clamps on and calling it a day.

The block end will look like this:
148628297.BDCvHu1H.jpg

You will have to picture the other end based on my description / your ideas.

Please let me know what you think / any suggestions. Thanks!

oil-feed-banjo_small.jpg

I drilled out a steel 1/4" JIC fitting (mates to AN-4) to just slip over the cut off pipe and then welded them together.

You could braze this too, it would probably be even better, Volvo brazed them.

That line sees full oil pump pressure, and if it fails, your engine may well die.

Or, you know, I hear you can buy fittings that solve this problem from ebay or something.

Back