• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

83 242 V8 LQ4 swap

stock 5.0? i wouldnt ever unless it was some type of stroker. im a huge fan of lsx swaps though such beasty motors they make power and they will do it all day reliable! thats why theres so many lsx swaped nissan drift cars now

Jeff, I can't believe you are building a volvo... I thought you would have learned to avoid them for as long as you messed with Jons 16v build. Congratulations on the new baby, I have three now (Kiri).

Damn whats up dude! 3 kid's? congrats! Seems like yesterday we were all just kids. Where do you live now?

I have always been secretly in love with Jon's car so with my itch to have a V8 I finally had an excuse to build one.

Here's some more pics of the latest progress, might be running this month...

volvo2001.jpg

volvo2003.jpg

volvo2008.jpg

volvo2010.jpg

volvo2011.jpg

volvo2012.jpg

Took a step backwards today. I finally got around to actually making my caliper brackets. They came out good and I got all the front suspension permanently re assembled. All was well until I put the front wheels back on. Apparently the brakes I used came off a v8 300 and the steelies are off a v6 car thus equaling my wheels not fitting (caliper rubbage). I guess i'm going to have to put the rotas on....I did manage to just space the wheels with washers so I could at least roll it outside so I can give it a bath tomorrow. Just need to plumb the rad and power steering now and it will be ready to fire.

Some pics of the brakes, shortened struts and random whoring

volvo007.jpg

volvo004.jpg

volvo006.jpg

volvo008.jpg

volvo011.jpg

volvo015.jpg

volvo026.jpg

volvo024.jpg

volvo022.jpg

volvo019.jpg

volvo027.jpg

C5 corvette, I just chopped the stock flanges off and tig welded on my own flanges. I did the pre heat post heat drill but they welded really nice, not like the cast I'm used to. It's common practice to turn the truck manifolds into turbo manifolds doing the same thing.

Stupid question, which port on the steering rack is the pressure side? The PO had them looped so I cant tell. Want to get the pressure hose made this week at the local hydraulic shop.

Got a bunch more finished this weekend. If I had a drive shaft and a throttle cable I could actually drive it! Going to start getting the interior all put back together next. I can't wait to start tuning this thing. I've never used a stepper idle motor with megasquirt before, it's so fun changing the idle speed with the laptop. My poor rear tires aren't going to know what hit them:)

Time to whore out some pics!

DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

DSCN0862.jpg

DSCN0863.jpg

DSCN0865.jpg

DSCN0866.jpg

DSCN0869.jpg

DSCN0871.jpg

DSCN0873.jpg

DSCN0874.jpg

DSCN0875.jpg