• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Custom machined shifter knob

i really really want a wooden shifter.

how about one of these babies:
as.jpg

MDAG.jpg

the jag face would make a pretty sweet overdrive button

in a miata i would've expected something wussier.

there's a guy in this area with a builtbuiltbuilt s13 he goes hooning around in, his shifter is a large purple dildo.

you have to be making huge power to be able to legitimately rock a dildo shifter.

edit:// or, you know, be into guys. :e-shrug:

he reportedly makes 380 to the wheels. bought not built, total doucher, you know the type. but he surely can drive it, much as i hate to admit it.

So... This guy likes to touch a representation of the male reproductive organ when he shifts gears
Humm

his gf is always riding shotgun, but she never talks or gets out of the car and we think she's actually an asian man.

what about using delrin? No heat transfer from under the car and would be even easier on tooling than aluminium(if that's even possible)

ala:

The shifter ends where the black ends, not at the ring. Has set screws at the bottom to secure it.

Delrin unfortunately isn't a very grippy material though.

Also I've always liked metal shifters, there's a certain heaviness to it that feels nice.

Type-R knobs are the ****, I have a buddy with a GSR Integra that has a Type-R knob.

Delrin could be really cool, although I haven't found a local source for cheap delrin unfortunately, whereas aluminum is easy to get and I already have tons of it.

thebornutaku, polished/machined aluminum isn't very grippy either, so that's why it's important to choose a shape that's grippable. Rubber/leather is the best, but looks lame, cheap and too simple.

I'm drawing up a TypeR style knob now, as well as a heart/teardrop shape. I'll post screenshots soon.

Back