• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

I wonder what happened to my blue wagon. The guy is older so not connected much online from what I understand.

That would be mine - it's alive and well, and continuing to be resto-modded.

I drove it for a while, it's now in a friend's carport in Vancouver, slowly getting cherried up. I welded up a new exhaust first thing, added a modded eggcrate 740T grille in a 240 frame, now doing a total clean-up, with POR15 on the few bits of rust. Near and medium future involves uncracking the dash, wood trim, Corbeau seats, electric windows and fan. Far future involves a V-15 cam in a modified head and a K-jet intake manifold. All fun!

It's in too close quarters to take pictures, when I get it more finished I'll do a project thread.

Much thanks, AJ, I have been really appreciating your excellent work on this car.

I had CSA Stars on them, kinda like Aussie Geminis.[/QUOTE]

CSA Stars are getting refinished - the center discs have fresh white paint, will get clear-coat tomorrow, then start on the wheels themselves.

It's place of rest has a driveway in the back at least 4 cars long, with the end recessed into the ground under a deck with picnic table and umbrella. When I first drove up, the lady in charge of the house said "Ooh! It's pretty! I like it!!" I was glad she had that attitude rather than just seeing an automotive hulk in her backyard.

So far, three people have tried to buy it from her, fortunately without success.

1980?s 240 GLE

Hey everyone I?m new to the community and I?m looking for places to find Volvo parts as I?ve found Lordco definitely isn?t the spot. Any recommendations?

Looking for new or used? What kind of Volvo? Welcome!

Thanks you! And I?m looking for both new and used I have a 4 door 1982 GLE little 4 banger I completely restored the body and the motor has low K but I?m having trouble finding windshield wiper cables!

Here's a weird question; Stan (Naomi's '78 244) needs brakes. It's got solid front rotors and Girling rear calipers. I want to change to vented front rotors which need wider Girling non-abs calipers, and I need to update to ATE rear calipers as Girling pads are unavailable. Before I drop for refurb brake calipers, anybody got a set collecting dust on a shelf?

Thanks,

M.

Here's a weird question; Stan (Naomi's '78 244) needs brakes. It's got solid front rotors and Girling rear calipers. I want to change to vented front rotors which need wider Girling non-abs calipers, and I need to update to ATE rear calipers as Girling pads are unavailable. Before I drop for refurb brake calipers, anybody got a set collecting dust on a shelf?

Thanks,

M.

I could have sworn I had at least rear calipers leftover from my 90 245 parts car but I've just gone through all my parts bins/shelves and can't seem to find them.
Somebody probably as a set I would imagine.

Good luck

Hi Mark,
I'm pretty sure I've got some calipers in the crawlspace.
I know I also have an old set of pads I got from someone
else's cleanout years ago, there might be Girling rears.
Mind, any calipers I find should be considered cores. I
wouldn't trust the rubber parts, they were old already
when they went in there 5-10 years ago.

I'll see if I can wade in there in the next few days.

Cleaning all that junk out is a project that is becoming
somewhat urgent, maybe I should host a sausage party
later this summer? Got my second dose on Tuesday.

Hi Mark,
maybe I should host a sausage party later this summer? Got my second dose on Tuesday.

Hey was meaning to come and check the thread if there's any plans. I'd really love to meet and ask everything about these to fellow owners.

If not, is there anyone out there who can check my 244 thoroughly with me and gimme advice about what needs to be addressed? I'll drive and pay with couple 6packs of your choice. Fairly new to these cars and would like to save as much as I can financially, so an expert giving me a priority list after a quick check will be highly appreciated.

Back