• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Will it ping, knock, detonate?

jrrzo

Hello,
Planning to +t the b230e (with lh2.4 swap from b230f) engine.

At the moment I have:
- b230e (10.3:1 CR), with ~11.7bar (170psi) at all 4 cyls
- V cam
- full lh2.4 swap from b230f
- 95 RON fuel

Planning to put TD04HL13T turbo

The question is, how much boost that setup could safely handle? Without pinging, detonating, knocking?
Maybe someone had similar build and could share some advice?
Thanks

edit:
getting turbo computers soon (probably from b230ft), green giants (to run w/o resistor pack), adjustable fpr, mbc, wideband and a pretty huge intercooler

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer.

Forgot to mention:
Getting turbo computers soon (prob. from b230ft), green giants (to run w/o resistor pack), adjustable fpr, mbc, and a wideband
and a pretty huge intercooler

Last edited:
No turbo computers? No boost.

Turbo computers with proper tune? Some boost. Probably as much as the little 13T can do before it starts throwing hot air.

Boosting a 230E is like voting Democrat and hoping for lower gas prices....
Reduce compression to around 8:1 and boost happily ever after.

YS
Jaybee

No turbo computers? No boost.

Turbo computers with proper tune? Some boost. Probably as much as the little 13T can do before it starts throwing hot air.

Getting 984 ecu very very soon.
I guess it will arrive even faster than turbo by itself

You'll want a camshaft with more duration to get the dynamic compression lower to help prevent knock/detonation. A K cam or similar would be the minimum, I'd think! Set the intake clearances a bit on the tight side as well to bleed off a little extra.

Also, there's zero need for an adjustable FPR because the car will just tune itself around it. It may or may not like the Green Giants, either, I can't remember if they're within a reasonable adaption range for the stock tuning. They're also complete overkill for a 13C. I'd recommend something smaller.

I think the old 1980’s technology computers will be your limiting factor. People boost those engines in the high 9’s static successfully with different engine management.

Back