home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 06-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #76
Kestrel
Board Member

Hey Kayla - ripping the head off would have been a fantastic opportunity to ditch KJet and move to a more modern EFI installation w/ Megasquirt. Eventually you're going to find (like the rest of us) that the wiring harness takes a dump, Kjet parts are impossible to find, and so on. KJet is nice when it works, but MS and no distributor is even nicer.

I went that route on my '81 B21 244, and have no regrets. Gather yourself some EFI parts while parts cars are still out there... Buy Microsquirt, and let it rip.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:03 PM   #77
darksider415
K-Jet or Bust

80 was the last year of the decent wiring, fortunately.

I'm gathering pieces for EFI, though. I just want to do more than just an EFI conversion when I do.

'80 Volvo 242GT
'94 Buick Roadmaster Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdriver123 View Post
You have to remember, TB members are experts on everything, except keeping Volvo's running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centason
This place is like a brothel. Men, women, tits, vag, dicks, fish, and mikep. What else could anyone ask for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
She has a weird 262C fetish thing going on
darksider415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:28 PM   #78
darksider415
K-Jet or Bust

Things are starting to ramp up on the 242 front again... Two surgeries last year, a move to Missouri and two rounds of dating and breakup took me out of the game for a little while, but things are coming back into line.

The good: I haven't forgotten about the 242, at all. Progress is starting to be made on lightening it and adding power. A B23 and two K-Jet heads are coming home with me next weekend, and I'm starting to passively look for a 16V head to build.

The bad: When it was delivered in February, there were six inches of snow on the ground and 225-wide R1Rs don't grip snow very well... Not-well enough that I drifted it into the side of the storage unit it's being kept in. This is providing ample excuse to make the widebody 242 of my dreams, in theory. More to follow.

The ugly: Removing the foam and tar from a 240 sucks. Also, no pictures because I'm lazy and want to wait until I'm done with tar removal and Lexan cutting.
darksider415 is offline   Reply With Quote