• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Theres nothing quite like good head(er)

tequila_gundam_no_chaser

tequila_gundam_hug_the_toilet
So those who know me have known for quite awhile I've been planning something for my 9. Namely, a holset, a header and a few other goodies. Well here are pics of the semi-complete header. The collector was somewhere around the shop, but Miles was out at work today, so I just went in and snapped a few pics. Anyway, check it out. Purty isn't she!

DSCN8250.jpg

DSCN8251.jpg

DSCN8252.jpg

DSCN8253.jpg

where is mine?

my brother is going to 3week welding school for steel and another month and a half for alum through the coast gaurd, maybe after i can get him to fab something up

Looking good! Bottom mount headers FTW. I wish I made my 1800 header a bottom mount... :grrr:

If you should try to achieve equal length,try and run the tubes for 2&3 over 1&4. If you wanted to do Pulse match as well, just switch up pipes 2 and 3 to 'x' over each other. Granted your method will keep the turbo closer to the block for cleaence sake... good work either way.

i.e.;

HEADERBTMMNT1.jpg

HEADERBTMMNT2.jpg

HEADERBTMMNT3.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! Bottom mount headers FTW. I wish I made my 1800 header a bottom mount... :grrr:

If you should try to achieve equal length,try and run the tubes for 2&3 over 1&4. If you wanted to do Pulse match as well, just switch up pipes 2 and 3 to 'x' over each other. Granted your method will keep the turbo closer to the block for cleaence sake... good work either way.

i.e.;
are you measuring spline length or volume for those?

are you measuring spline length or volume for those?

that was just a rough sketch/guestimation. ... i never took the time to meausre it exactly. but that path allows you more room in for the 2/3 runners.

Is volume is the correct way to meausre the 'equal length'?

Honestly dude awesome that you are off your butt and tryin, but if it were me I might try again, and/or tweak a few things. There's a lot you could do to easily make that thing way better. The 2&3 runners should curve up and then back down to even the lengths out a bit, and the 1&4 look like they are 90 degrees to each other where they meet, so they are 45 degrees off-tangent- that's like instead of using a bend to to a 45* turn, just cutting the pipe at 45* and welding it on.

Also I would work on fitting the pipes up a little better, it makes welding much easier and the welds will be stronger and look better and be less crack prone.

if you need any help let me know.

Back