• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1995 940 turbo *longterm* daily driver

What a sad ending to a great thread. It went from great fun to cracked radiator to potential death so fast! I learned a lot, and appreciate the effort you took to re-upload all the photos to imgur, as well as link all technical explanation threads. Thank you!!

How is the car now, did you change your mind?

Ironically, it just went to the scrap yard in the sky a couple days ago. I hate that I did this to that car but it taught me a lot. Most importantly, that patience is needed for project cars. Much patience. These Volvos have never been my primary car so it's never been super important to keep them 100%. But then after a couple things break, it's easy for me to lose motivation.

In the last year, my second daughter was born, I quit my job of ten years to start my own business (which is doing ok but takes much of my time) and spare cash hasn't been easy to come by. But I do have a 940 turbo wagon that is getting all these goodies. I'm excited to get the manual transmission setup in the wagon. And coilovers. And lots of other goodies. Eventually I will start another thread for it once I'm confident that I won't do this again.

Also, I've been following your thread too. Keep it up!

Back