• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

General Leif, full 1hr sprint race at the Ridge!

klr142

Turbo, what?
Want to ride along during my only race stint of the Ridge Motorsports Park weekend in the General Leif? Come take a look!

I still want to make a condensed, highlight version of this with writing in the footage, but I?m not getting around to it and figure it?s worth sharing anyway. I made some cliff notes in the description that I suggest you read, but I haven?t gotten around to making time stamps yet.

Watch as much or little as you?d like of the Lucky Dog Racing League?s 1 hour sprint to finish off the fun tournament race weekend at the Ridge Motorsports Park last month! There weren?t a ton of cars out there by the end of the weekend, but you can ride along as I, Kyle, let Don in the Purple Haze by with an error on lap two and tuck in behind the BMW, expecting it to run away. I catch back up by the end of the race, but it?s too little, too late. - Or, is it? :oogle:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/STAZ5KeJZZ0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm getting ready to head out of 2 weekends of racing myself. First stop, the SSCC Enduro on the scale road race course at Jackson County Sports Park. Then, all the way to Redding, CA for the 2nd event at Shasta Speedway with the Trinity Touring Club. I'm hoping for dry conditions. It's really late in the season to still be racing. I'll watch your video when I get back. Thanks for posting it.

I'm by no means a racer but any chance you'd be able to.get more speed with a wider line so speed up through the corners. Seemed to be where the bmw was holding up better I could be wrong it just seemed like speed and traction was getting lost in the corners.

Cool vid this is with the new valve springs? You stayed pegged at 6700ish quite often.

I'm getting ready to head out of 2 weekends of racing myself. First stop, the SSCC Enduro on the scale road race course at Jackson County Sports Park. Then, all the way to Redding, CA for the 2nd event at Shasta Speedway with the Trinity Touring Club. I'm hoping for dry conditions. It's really late in the season to still be racing. I'll watch your video when I get back. Thanks for posting it.
Nice! I mean, F1 is still racing, why can't we? Haha. We will also be doing PIR Halloween weekend (come on out!) and Thunderhill next month, the 19-21st, too! Are you racing your Mustang in the Enduro? I didn't know you were doing more full on track events as opposed to Autox stuff, awesome!

I'm by no means a racer but any chance you'd be able to.get more speed with a wider line so speed up through the corners. Seemed to be where the bmw was holding up better I could be wrong it just seemed like speed and traction was getting lost in the corners.

Cool vid this is with the new valve springs? You stayed pegged at 6700ish quite often.
My lines are by no means perfect, but the car did not have much more speed in it than I was doing(maybe .5-1 second at my skill level with more time and more front roll stiffness). I just finished adding time stamps to the description in the video for the highlights, one of which was for my fastest lap. The BMW's fastest lap with that driver I think was a 1:58.7 to my 1:59.4. He did say that he thought his tires were unhappy towards the end of the race and that if it were longer he thinks I would've made my way around'm. Who knows! With all the problems we had leading into Sunday, we had almost no run time on the Friday practice day and Saturday races to help us really dial it and ourselves in.

These are with our old springs in the head, something RSI put together I think when the head was theirs 8+ years ago. We have the current rev limiter at 7200 and we hit it every once and a while. With the larger downpipe going on the car this weekend, hopefully it pulls harder all the way there!

Back