• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

what color accents for my car....

boostdemon

creative mastermind
pick an accent color!

blue
drk blue
red
drk red
orange
bronze
lime green
purple
?

heres a pic of the car now:
242-dash%5b1%5d.jpg

024_24.jpg

The accents would be where ever... wheels, engine, any stickers, interior, etc..

hehe, yeah, silver would be cool, but the cars too sliver already...

thats a stock '83 240 turbo air dam at least both of my flathoods had the same one

theres like 3 different ones for the 240 that all look just a little different... i like the late model ones best.

so what you think for color?

Hmm, silver is tough. Silver on silver w/ black interior makes you look like a raiders fan!

Darker colors are always my fav's, like darker grey wheels. Course, we've all done that lately. Blues always go good with silver imo, double that for the color of my motor. That might be a pretty good looking combo!

Silver is tough....hmmm :?: :e-shrug:

lol dana!!!

Love your eyes in the rear view mirror!

Did you buff your paint? It looks shinyer...

So it runs eh?

Is that a radar detector under the steering collumn?

Why do you need a accent?

I love black. A dark red would look killer! (not burnt red like my GT stripes, but a clean dark red...

are you going to ever be pulled over with those RH headlights? LOL

242-blu.jpg

242-dash%5bred1%5d.jpg

hmmmm... the light blue looks aight ... would think it would match the silver ok... but yeah, w/ silver its tough. just that the car has no color in it... seriously, looks the same in B&W lol

Matt: nah, its just wet plus the snow adds some reflection and no i doubt i'll ever get noticed by authorities for the RH headlamps... my dad had them on his GT for 10+ years and never had anything said.

leave the cluster alone or make it white... I like it.

The horn button?? why??

either choice of the dash stripe really works great! Personally think the red rules (and blue horn button and black gauges would rock...)

yeah, dont worry i'll leave the horn alone (damn thing costs too much to mess with lol) just need to get an idea of the color on a silver background.. which doesnt look good anyway... i think the accents will be on black backgrounds (i.e. grille, engine bay, interior, etc..)

now for the technocolored rainbow:
drkblue.jpg

drkred.jpg

goldenrod.jpg

lime.jpg

purple.jpg

im so thinking lime green is gonna be it... :boink:

I dig red, I dig red on Silver cars, hence all my detail work is red. Originally did it to match the red stripes of the GT interiour and the distributor cap (I used a darker red though) But now I'm planning on ripping out the entire GT interiour, going with plain aluminum painted black, but with red high lights again.

For the cluster, I plan on tearing it apart, this is going to take a while, but I will paint the cluster SILVER! to match the back ground of my AutoMeter Gauges (silver bezles and faces) After looking at white face gauges, I found they actaully look kinda corney.

I like the Lime green, but not against asilver car, not enough contrast.

The blue would look nice. I have afreind with blue highlighted engine and interiour peices. Looks nice, again a silver car. Cold/cool color though.

Thats my opinion.

Jordan

yeah, that light "ice" blue looks pretty tight... just wanted to go with something a little different.

im trying to think of something that would be accented that was a silver background... but i think everything would be black, so the contrast would be ok.

TheMadChigga said:
carbon fibre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can take sheets of CF the stuff you can do your self, put it on my CNC and mill it out for a layer to go around the gauges. Been thinking about doing this, just haven't had enough motivation ::hint hint::

Actually, I can do the same with Aluminum Laminate, or just about anything, pre-finished cherry/mahogany ect.. If I can order it (custom cabinet shop, I can get just about anything) I can make it.

Be a cool touch to a bertone, to match all the wood paneling on the dash and put it around the gauges on the speedo. I hope everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Doug

carbon fibre and silver trim goes together like cash @ a whore house.

I dunno whats my obsession with carbon fibre............

I'm gonna build a carbon fibre house.

Back