• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Hmm.

List for holiday break:

• E-fan install
  • Battery mount
  • Hitch spacers
  • Find short
  • Check timing
  • Degrease

It's good to be optimistic...

IMG_6324-M.jpg

IMG_6325-M.jpg

Found the short: Driver's door pin switch.

Ran to the JY for a door pin switch. Putting the car back together. Santa came through with some sweet upper tower braces from IPD. Son got me a "Volvo" T-shirt so I'll look good at the Davis event.

Week off for the holidays / big push. Hope to: set up the E-fan, weld up a rear battery mount, install the hitch spacers and small alternator.

Scored a mint brake console at the JY today off a super nice '90. Missed the door pockets by 10 minutes. Guy was cool though and let me borrow his torx driver.

Booyah!

Last edited:
Been working on the car for weeks. Tires are getting flat-spotted. Finally get it together.

Like the closing scene from Spectre, where 007 goes to Q and says "I just need to pick something up." Camera pans to the restored DB on the street (after being destroyed in Skyfall). James fires the motor, camera pans to the hot babe in the passenger seat. Back to James as he notches the shifter into first. He smiles.

Only in a Volvo 245. Without the babe.

003-M.jpg

Bulb fail relay?

Step one upgrade the wireing, ad relays, and bypass the bulbfail relay.
This modefikation gives like 10% more voltage to the bulbs.
This means more light at the road, get some+ 50% H4.
If you want to be legal, and enjoy your better headlights.

Refresh me on axles. As I recall, LSD's are rare on the 240 series. And spinning axles is of limited use as the diff locks up at higher speeds than I can turn by hand. Do the numbers tell us anything? (Other than gear ratio.)

057-M.jpg

Another JY question:

Are these the correct big bolts for the hitch? I didn't think the correct ones sat on top of the rail, but can't recall for sure.

Thx.

059-M.jpg

060-M.jpg

Yes, those are them. And they sit in that location on the sedans.

On the wagons, they sit "underneath" the rail.

Another JY question:

Are these the correct big bolts for the hitch? I didn't think the correct ones sat on top of the rail, but can't recall for sure.

Thx.

Ran back to PNP with my 22 mm. Car was moved, possibly gone. Looked all over. Grrr.

But I did find a few other 240's that were not on their list. Scored a pretty good R/F map pocket, speaker covers with the metal mount bracket (didn't know that was there...), the correct wiring to the chassis fuel pump (finally! most of them are hacked) and two fuel pump relays. Starting to get the hang of this...

:cool:

Thx for all your help Ken.

Ran back to PNP with my 22 mm. Car was moved, possibly gone. Looked all over. Grrr.

But I did find a few other 240's that were not on their list. Scored a pretty good R/F map pocket, speaker covers with the metal mount bracket (didn't know that was there...), the correct wiring to the chassis fuel pump (finally! most of them are hacked) and two fuel pump relays. Starting to get the hang of this...

:cool:

Thx for all your help Ken.

That looks like a 1/2" bolt with a 3/4" nut anyway.

Back