• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

where did my engine oil go.. snapped conrod

bullet5150

i just had a catastrophic engine failure and left stranded in the middle of nowhere.. lol
i think one of the conrod has snapped & seized the block.. the thing is.. where did my oil go..?
theres no leaks on the driveway.. no white smoke.. turbo compressor fin is clean with just a little wet (oil fumes) from the PCV... by the way the speed was 238 km/h @16psi of boost.. 😉
it sure was fun though.. but at the same time sad.. 😖

It happens man, my roommate back in 2004 was driving with no load and the car chucked a rod. I will say this though, what were you running for oil?

I've had dirty engines and used delo to flush them out but I've also had 2 separate engines now that have gotten clogged oil filters from the delo, one collapsed and sent oil filter particles through the engine. I dunno, maybe I just had bad luck with it, I just stick with 10 30 now and have had no issues ever since. Only time I have ever completely destroyed a engine was from the oil filter getting clogged because from what I can tell all the deposits inside the block ended up in the filter.

I've had dirty engines and used delo to flush them out but I've also had 2 separate engines now that have gotten clogged oil filters from the delo, one collapsed and sent oil filter particles through the engine. I dunno, maybe I just had bad luck with it, I just stick with 10 30 now and have had no issues ever since. Only time I have ever completely destroyed a engine was from the oil filter getting clogged because from what I can tell all the deposits inside the block ended up in the filter.

I think you're assigning too much credit to the 'detergent' properties of the oil. HDEO packages don't clean solids out of a block, they suspend carbon/suit/contaminants and lead to a cleaner engine long term.

At least, that's my understanding of oil additives. I've never seen any supporting evidence for HDEO oils "cleaning" a block.

I think you're assigning too much credit to the 'detergent' properties of the oil. HDEO packages don't clean solids out of a block, they suspend carbon/suit/contaminants and lead to a cleaner engine long term.

At least, that's my understanding of oil additives. I've never seen any supporting evidence for HDEO oils "cleaning" a block.

Yea, I wasn't really clear about that, I think if you start with a clean engine and use delo from the start it's totally fine. But I just had extremely bad luck with it in the used engines I've had unless I would change it several times in the first few thousand miles

The point that?s being made is the oil has nothing to do with you failing engines because they?re full of dirt. If an engine is full of mud to the point it clogs the bypass in the filter, running any oil will cause the same failure.

That IS the definition of "detergent"---hold 'junk-n-stuff' in suspension so it goes out the drain at changes.

i just had a catastrophic engine failure and left stranded in the middle of nowhere.. lol
i think one of the conrod has snapped & seized the block.. the thing is.. where did my oil go..?
theres no leaks on the driveway.. no white smoke.. turbo compressor fin is clean with just a little wet (oil fumes) from the PCV... by the way the speed was 238 km/h @16psi of boost.. 😉
it sure was fun though.. but at the same time sad.. 😖

Well it has to be all your fault..All the experts here all say routinely that a B230 is "fine' to run up to 400+ hp on a completely stock n.a. bottom end that's been +Ted

Some contrarians say its cheaper in the long run to build a good turbo friendly bottom end..

Shirley, I could not comment.

actual photo of Delo oil in a b230... probably

hqdefault.jpg

Back