• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cossie T3

vbpgimage.php

One for you John. Found the photos on the VOC site.

I bought mine and had it refurbed for ?520 ish all in, may be pricey but compared to a Kinugawa 16G/K24 etc it isn't too bad. Cheaper than those ball bearing turbos.

I've found the straight actuator rod doesn't work with a B21FT wastegate actuator bracket. Is a Z bent actuator required?

It would be interesting to see a real back to back comparison between a Cosworth T3 and something new (not 15G etc). I can't and don't want to deny the advances in technology, it would be nice to see if it is 10% or 50% more better something something.

On mine I have a flat bracket that was OE Bentley, that was just a piece of plate with some holes punched out. No Volvo bracket (which was nicer quality with the profile and nicely rounded edges).

Think the cosworth .48 (t4 50 trim cold side) would be the limiting factor to make power to 7500rpms on a 531 8v head with 38mm exhaust valves and a stage 2/3 RSI turbo cam?

Last edited:
Engine finally went in yesterday - but I found the wastegate bracket holes that I bought does not line up to the compressor bolt hole spacing. Was it a B21FT bracket that fitted perfectly, or? What did others do on the TB0361/84's for their wastegate actuators/brackets? I also have to buy a Z bend actuator as the straight Cosworth actuator I bought wont fit.

I don't understand your engrish, what do you mean?!

My f**king English is fine, but since I rarely understand El Layish lets make this abundantly clear.

You wrote/asked
"Originally Posted by snailpoweredbrick View Post

(do you) Think the Cosworth .48 (t4 50 trim cold side) would be the limiting factor
to make power to 7500rpm

on a 531 8v head with 38mm exhaust valves and a stage 2/3 RSI turbo cam?

I answered "No" meaning it would not be the limiting factor on that spec engine--

I clarified furhter that I know it will not be: "because it is not the limiting factor on an a YB(G) Ford engine that flows vastly more air and makes 30 psi boost and revs happily to 7500...and because I have one of those engines and have used them on other 8v 2300s

Have I elucidated the answer sufficiently? (Personally I wouldn't use the T4 cold size from the the description "T4" since there is a multitude of wheels with major diameters from 70mm to what? 78mm.. TO4Es and TO4B and all kinds of stuff. But its not clear what you have but don't worry the problems won't be in the turbine housing...

On the 760 we used a modified Volvo bracket (with folded sides) and no need to modify the holes. That car also has a Cosworth turbine housing and 60 trim 60mm compressor.

As is mine, but the bolt spacing holes don't line up. Either slot the holes or buy a new bracket/fab my own. I may do the latter, but someone mentioned the B21FT brackets are a straight swap. Is your actuator arm straight or a Z-bend?

Somebody said "the closest to a near fit" but that guy just said about a minute ago "fawk me mate it wuz like 10 years ago, guv, and I's getting older by the day"

I'm sure he said it, I heard it!:wtf:

Back