• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

how to adjust the clutch spacing

MadDog_945

Våga Vägra 8V
Hi,

i believe my TTV Flywheel with the 850R Reinforced Clutch and the Manthey Disc isnt aligned properly.

Is there an easy way to check whether the slave cylinder is corretly set? Or the spacing between clutch and flywheel?

I know they say you gotta shim the shift fork ball out some they say at TTV.

The slave cylinder slips into it's spot and locks in with that lock ring thing. It doesn't move, no way to move it.

What I did on my recent getrag install is I made a wee bit longer rod from the slave to the shift fork. I did this by taking a long bolt and just grinding down the bolt head so it was round and rounded off the other end also so it looked similar to the stock one but longer.

The main thing is your clutch fork position, get that right first by shimming the ball out. You can swap out that ball stud nut thing it screws on with a longer one and then use thick washers or a bigger nut as a washer.

Other then that the TTV is made for a 850R clutch so if you use 850R clutch it should work like it is supposed to you know no slipping.

What is the issue you are having? Clutch slip or not releasing?

I believe it is not using all its clamping force but it disengages pretty well and there is no gear crushing in idle when i put in 1st gear or so...

The disc is without springs and if you do a quickstart or bringing down too much torque it sounds very squeaky from the clutch.

I believe it is not using all its clamping force but it disengages pretty well and there is no gear crushing in idle when i put in 1st gear or so...

The disc is without springs and if you do a quickstart or bringing down too much torque it sounds very squeaky from the clutch.

What thickness is your friction plate? If too thick you will not get full clamping force. Shims will cure this

it is 7mm i think.. same thickness than the 850r 240mm clutch...

i need to be honest, i got the ttv flywheel, ordered a reinforced 850r clutch and a manthey racing clutchdisc. i just bolted it in without checking anything cause i thought it bolts right in ;)

i checked the play between bearing/ fork and the clutch which has a little play when disenganged as it should.

sometimes there is a disgusting noise when you hardly brake the engine with the clutch or when the torque is very high in low rpms.. it is a metallic vibrating.. i made a video of it, will post the vidtime of the noise...

/edit

made this video to document the lean issues but you can hear the clutch squeak at 1:26 while enginebreaking harder
https://youtu.be/wd2SeLNgmRc
the disc has no springs.. maybe that combo wasnt the best choice :/

Last edited:
Back