• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH 2.2 - Is Anyone Still Using This?

I've got a B230FT out of a 1988 740 with the LH 2.2 and skinny rods. Before I realized I had the LH 2.2 and not LH 2.4, the plan was to do the wasted spark upgrade. I'm wondering if anyone is running LH 2.2 and if so are there any upgrades available? I looked through TB and saw that some people were running Holley Blaster 2 coils and Accel coils but I've read that the stock Bosch coil is the way to go as well. Any insight here?

I've got a B230FT out of a 1988 740 with the LH 2.2 and skinny rods. Before I realized I had the LH 2.2 and not LH 2.4, the plan was to do the wasted spark upgrade. I'm wondering if anyone is running LH 2.2 and if so are there any upgrades available? I looked through TB and saw that some people were running Holley Blaster 2 coils and Accel coils but I've read that the stock Bosch coil is the way to go as well. Any insight here?
I have some Ford brown top reman injectors you might be interested in You have to turn the amm adjustment screw very lean to make it idle and cruise ok. But I was running 15psi of boost with a China Bay turbo.

I had wanted to do the wasted spark because it seemed like there might be an increase in fuel efficiency and overall performance. Do you think different injectors would help with that?

I had wanted to do the wasted spark because it seemed like there might be an increase in fuel efficiency and overall performance. Do you think different injectors would help with that?

I'm not sure you'll see a huge difference in mpg or performance with wasted spark ignition, I'm running a single coil/distributor cap with 24psi of boost up to ~6600 rpm. It would probably be more reliable without the distributor distributing the spark. Bigger injectors will get your more boost but less mpg since your foot will also get heavier.

34 lb/hr (375 cc/min) white composite body injectors from supercharged Buick 3800 V6 are a good upgrade. If it still idles too rich after adjusting the POT screw on the AMM introduce a controlled vacuum leak by installing a PCV valve between the block mounted oil separator box and the intake manifold vacuum port, then modify the valve cover to accept an open breather filter. On my 88 765 ti I'm using a PCV valve for a Toyota Supra Twin Turbo.

Back