• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

calib. boost gauge

A

Anonymous

Just installed a ractive boost gauge today but there's one problem...When the car is off it reads about 8 inches of vacuum. Is this defective, will it give me inaccurate readings? Or should I just not worry about it at all, lol

At idle it's at 15 or 20 depending. And at WOT it's at around 6 psi which sounds about right for it, untill I jack the boost up here is a few days...

Which would be the easiest way to up my boost? I want to run an EBC but the prices :evil: just turn me away from them. Then there is the turbo xs manual boost controller on ebay for 65 dollars. Or I could just go to home depot or something and build one. Which is the most preferred, besides EBC. Are there any cheap but reliable EBC's out there, I just want the job done right... :D

Disconnect the gauge. Does is still read vacuum? It must be at zero when disconnected. If it is not at zero it will not be accurate for measuring boost.

Hmm i also just put a new boost gauge in my car and it reads about 10 at idle. Well i guess i have new things to look at on my car. where would one start at? What might cause it to not get full vacuum just a leak??

When I disconnected the vacuum line it reads at 1" vac. Not off by much...

Back