• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

UK 240 meet, 8th Feb, near Chester

john r h

Hi 240 fans, I'm planning a lunchtime gathering on Sunday 8th February.

We're meeting at the Broughton Shopping Park, just off the A55 near Chester. Near the English/Welsh border.

I'm not planning any shopping, personally, but they do have 2,100 car parking spaces and a choice of places to eat on site.

http://www.broughtonshoppingpark.com/

Obviously, we're taking a chance with the weather at this time of year, but life's boring without risk! (If there's a lot of snow, I might give it a miss, but if there's just rain you'll probably find me in Costa).

On Sunday, the park's "general opening time" is 11:00, but the Costa opens at 9:00 so I assume there must be earlier access to the car-park.

We'll aim to find the most remote corner of the car-park, so we can line up the 240s (and any 260s) together. If you happen to be the first there, please bear this in mind.

Anybody is welcome, but if you're coming in another car, it would look good to keep all the 200 series parked together please.

It is very informal. I won't be booking anywhere to eat or organising any supporting activities. However, there are masses of shops, so any partners/family who find the 240 chat boring have another choice!

We already have a few confirmed attendees from the UK 240 owners Facebook group, hope you can join us!

Cheers

John

I sent a courtesy email about our meet to the shopping park management, and received this welcoming response:

"Hi John

Thank you for the heads up.

As long as you position yourself somewhere slightly away from the main car park as you've already stated I have no other issues. We just need to make sure any potential gathering of people viewing your cars are safe away from the road and high traffic/footfall areas. Having said that please don't feel you need to hide in a corner of the car park as it would be lovely for people to get the chance to see them, I'll probably be down there myself!"

With attendees from various forums and facebook, it's looking like a decent turn-out a week today, if all goes to plan!

Some nice standard cars, and a few turbo conversions included, so please come along if you have a 240, or like them.

John

i need a 240....

shame as ive over the years had 3... lol! a 242, a 244 and a 245...oh well, take plenty of pictures mate.

also a very nice response from the management, not the usual or expected get lost....

Griz

i need a 240....

shame as ive over the years had 3... lol! a 242, a 244 and a 245...oh well, take plenty of pictures mate.

also a very nice response from the management, not the usual or expected get lost....

Griz

Come along anyway Griz!

There's a convoy of 240s coming from Birmingham, so you might even get a lift if you want!

John

Four days to go and the weather forecast looks passably good... cloudy but dry.

Quite a few lined up to attend now - I'm looking forward to it! :)

John

Useful information from Ian on Retrorides:

"The car park is almost always open, so you wouldn't have any access issues, but if you do plan on a remote area of the car park, you couldn't be any further away from Costa in the corner. I would say the best place to park would be by the Mill house pub, as that the least used part of the car park,"

John

Good fun today, and a very good turnout.

We had a meet, a convoy run which looked very impressive on the road - and a visit to John Wrench's workshop.

DSC_1323.jpg

DSC_1324.jpg

DSC_1325.jpg

DSC_1326.jpg

DSC_1327.jpg

DSC_1328.jpg

Johnsfarm.jpg

Johns242.jpg

Cheers

John

Back