• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dana 70 for 945?

s-l1600.jpg

I like!

I need custom axle's anyways because of the need for 5x112 stud pattern and the very custom width
I'm doing the tube shortening myself has I have the lathe and other tools needed to do it properly

Built 9" is >$7k here in aus
I'm looking at sub $2k for the Dana 70 (over and done with)

I would think if it were shipped it?s pieces, or in a container, a 9? could get to you for much more reasonable price.

:lol:

Shipping to OZstralier is no joke.

I have shipped all over the world, it?s not that hard to save a bit of you do it right.

If he?s doing custom width then the rear can be shipped in pieces, allowing for much more compact packaging. A couple companies have nice plastic crates for the center sections to travel, I?ve got one for my 489 8-3/4? Mopar center that is about bomb proof and weighs about 8lbs.

It?s going to cost a fortune to build that style Dana.

^
Always thought the 22RE Celica GT-S was the kool-aid rear for those if not the disc AE86 rear, if you need stronger than that?

Volvos are probably easier to get on the cheap tho, but no drop-out 3rd, either... :-(
The 4.30 LSD disc axle kinda hummed a bit in the '86 'AE86 Corolla, tho it seemed to be the driveline carrier bearing mostly, sorted that & most noise subsided...& oddly temp dependent for resonance :???:

Wasn't loose/gear contact pattern looked OK, replaced the pinion bearings & checked the lash,...never did figure that out entirely before selling the car, but at the end it wasn't 'loud' / nothing was obviously 'wrong' with it,
but it ate away at me that it probably didn't come new off the dealership floor making noise at all, right? :???:
PO bought it near new & didn't remember it being 'different' :lol:

I had an 84 celica gt, saved the rear parts, got rid of it. I?m setting up 2 1030s, one 3.73 and one 3.31. If anyone wants my collection of yota gearsets they?re available. Weak 3rd member with no readily available posi unit? BTDT.
Side note, i?ll do actual tests with open, locked, locker, truetrac in the corolla.

Back