• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230FT Swap in 122s

Back or your mounts. The 75, b20/240 motors had aluminum mounts that were shorter than 122 mounts and the passenger side had a donkey dong that made it was slightly longer to vert mont the b20, and allow for the later b21 provision.

I have the mounts, but not the aluminum extension for the passenger side.

I believe I have the original mounts that came with the motor... I'll double check.

Afternoon,

Emailed Josh at YoshiFab, he also confirmed I would need 240 mounts. I looked and I didn't have any. I'll now have to track these down.

Thanks,

I'm a few weeks away from test fitting a B230FT in my 65 wagon and am a little confused. I too emailed Josh and he confirmed that his mount adapters were a direct drop-in. Do understand correctly that I will need Yoshi Adapters and 240 mounts to bolt the B230FT vertically to an unmodified front cross member? I haven't order as I'm building a longer list of items for purchase...

I'm a few weeks away from test fitting a B230FT in my 65 wagon and am a little confused. I too emailed Josh and he confirmed that his mount adapters were a direct drop-in. Do understand correctly that I will need Yoshi Adapters and 240 mounts to bolt the B230FT vertically to an unmodified front cross member? I haven't order as I'm building a longer list of items for purchase...

That was my understanding after talking with him and others on here. Let us know how it goes. I haven't modified my front cross member. Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

Morning Everyone,

Got the modified oil pump back yesterday. Went ahead and put it in.

Finished pump on the left. The right one was the "test" pump we used.

Thanks,

B230FT swap in a 122S

Hello - in regards to the picture above I can verify that it does fit as shown - sort of - modification of the passenger side wheel well was needed - the rear distributor does fit without any modification - the top bell housing bolts required hammer massaging - after a year or two the turbo return line had a hole rubbed in it by the suspension - because of that I relocated the oil filter - removed the factory relocator to make more room - then used a Yoshifab block drain 10an mount and then fabricated a hybrid solid/flexible return line. I am running 14 pounds boost currently - next step is improving the brakes and a possible posi - it does the one wheel peel way to easy. Thanks

Hello - in regards to the picture above I can verify that it does fit as shown - sort of - modification of the passenger side wheel well was needed - the rear distributor does fit without any modification - the top bell housing bolts required hammer massaging - after a year or two the turbo return line had a hole rubbed in it by the suspension - because of that I relocated the oil filter - removed the factory relocator to make more room - then used a Yoshifab block drain 10an mount and then fabricated a hybrid solid/flexible return line. I am running 14 pounds boost currently - next step is improving the brakes and a possible posi - it does the one wheel peel way to easy. Thanks

Back