• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Max. offset on 945

David945FT

Hi, I?m currently in the process of buying a pair of BMW BBS RC302 8,5x17 with 13 in offset. Will they clear my fenders with 20mm adaptors on? Tires will be 225/45-17

Sorry for any bad english, I?m danish

I have 8x16 ET11 with 215/55/16 w/o adapters and it hits the inner fender.
With adapters, you will be on ET-7 + 1/4inch more out for a half inch wider wheel, totally 24mm out compared to me. So a massive massage will be necessary.

They will rub with 45 profile tyres I'd definitely try 40 profile.

I'm currently running 9j sparcos et32 with a 30mm adapter and it rubs when loaded up a lot with just myself in the car it isn't too bad. 235/45/17 tyres, which are not stretched but the side walls are more a v shape than a square.

Mainly on the rear is where it rubs, but I have 2 coils chopped from the springs and the arches are rolled a lot! The lip is folded right up and the arches are ever so slightly flared. Did the best I could without cracking the paint.

lee4391: So you run an offset of -2 in total? My wheels would end up being offset -5 but 1/2" skinnier than your setup. Do you run the setup on a 940/945 ???

Just put some 215/50/17 Bridgestones on my 740 wagon with iPd springs. Have 1" spacers and the wheels are 48mm offset I believe. No fender rub. But they do scrub the iPd sway bar slightly at steering lock. They fill out the wheel wells good. May go to a 45 wall to try and eliminate the sway bar scrub tho

Back