• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

M46 transmission problems

Pcon

Hey I recently started having transmission problems I have a 940 with a m46 that was put in. I can only put it in first if I play with the clutch like feather it in and out. Then when I have it in what I think is neutral it seems like it is still I gear but barley like the car will inch forward very slowly. I cant get into any gear except first like I said previously but the problem started with I could only get in to second and could try to get into 3rd and 4th but now I can only get into first and it feels like it's not even trying to get into any gear. Thank in advance for any help

Do you have a clutch cable or a hydraulic clutch? Either way you want to observe the clutch linkage and make sure it's working. Hydraulic clutches leak and stop actuating the clutch. the clutch cable can get out of adjustment and affect the gear engagement.

If the linkage is checked out fine and the cable is not out of adjustment. Then it's time for a clutch replacement.

If the transmission was working prior to this problem cropped up, the issue most likely lies with the shift linkage or shift cover, both of which will probably require the removal of the transmission to inspect.

Check that the linkage pin is in place, I had one loosen up and do the same thing, even with the stop screw in the bottom of the shifter. Don't need to drop tranny to check, so go there first.

Good luck!

Back