• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

CTS as Oil temperature sensor?

esmth

The member
I'm about to install an oil filter re-locator/oil-air cooler in my 240 pulled from a 780 in a yard. It has a 95C thermostat.

Is there any reason I can't use a LH2.4 coolant temperature sensor as an oil temp sensor? Ill be using an arduino and oled display to be the gauge. The chart shows it can measure up to 120C.

CTS-LH24.PNG

Why wouldn't you use a sender in the proper resistance range for the gauge? A coolant temp sensor is setup with a resistance range of operation for a fuel injection system. Use a sensor calibrated to the gauge like suggested above.

Why wouldn't you use a sender in the proper resistance range for the gauge? A coolant temp sensor is setup with a resistance range of operation for a fuel injection system. Use a sensor calibrated to the gauge like suggested above.

There is no gauge. An arduino will be measuring the resistance using a voltage divider. It will be printing the output to an OLED screen

Back