• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hackster's LSA / T56 2 door

I didn't think I'd ever like 18" wheels on a 240, but those just look great. I can't wait to see this thing in person at Davis or IPD.

Any reason to pick the re71r over the r888r?

a curiosity you can feel free to ignore: are you building this car to keep, or are you planning to finish the project shake it out then sell it on?

I didn't think I'd ever like 18" wheels on a 240, but those just look great. I can't wait to see this thing in person at Davis or IPD.

Any reason to pick the re71r over the r888r?

r888 isnt a dot approved 200 treadwear tire. I cannot run it at Optima or Goodguys events, both places I plan on attending.

a curiosity you can feel free to ignore: are you building this car to keep, or are you planning to finish the project shake it out then sell it on?

I am going to drive the piss out of it for a few years and see how it does, maybe this is the one I keep for the long haul, but maybe not :-P

Looks great!! Wheels are sweet.

Thanks, stoked on how they turned out.

Every T-brickers wet dream

Not sure if I say thank you or hand you a tissue =)

This! Great car.

Thank you!!

Very little work done last night but did manage to get my over flow all buttoned up.

The idea was for it to be tucked way back in behind the headlight and have a very clean look to it. I think I pulled it off pretty well. Shot it with some VHT Wrinkle black which is my go to for this kind of stuff it has proven to be very durable in the past.

Still waiting on the other 2 wheels to show up, hopefully today.

Sean

Last edited:
So fresh, so clean.

Thanks Man

Shop rag. Please.

Always welcome to visit, lots of shop towels here. :-P

FINALLY!!!!

And a few just for the hell of it. New cell phone takes some surprisingly nice photos.

Going to work on tidying up the VSS tomorrow and see if I can make that work just some little stuff here and there, gotta order up the rest of the exhaust so I can button that up as well.

Happy Friday all!!

Sean

Didn't expect anything less from you. Every build looks better than the last. Amazing work man. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the suspension.

None of the new pictures are loading for me!?!?!

Now I'm standing here with my pants around my ankles and a greasy shop rag in my hand lookin silly...

Edit: They loaded.....hnnggggf

That backseat is totally worth the effort. It gives it that finished street rod look that is incredibly hard to pull off on a Volvo. Bravo

IMG_20190322_182843_653_zpsyevqx1po.jpg

Front tires look very close...how's the clearance up there? I thought you might have gotten the 285/30 (couldn't read the size) but saw you mentioned elsewhere 275/35. The height difference is significant, but the taller tire is probably the way to go with all those torks. Those are about the same size as the 275/45/16 Hoosiers I used. With negative offset on the front, I definitely had to flatten the pinch weld at the rear of the inner wheel well (saw you discovered that already).

The perspective from the wide angle makes the rear look high but it doesn't seem that way in other photos. What's the front & rear ride height measured to the rocker (either to the bottom of the pinch weld, or to the rocker itself)?

Does anyone make a 5pt harness in chocolate-brown? ;-)

oh my god this car is pure sex!

Haha....Thanks

Unf%^&ing believable as always!

Much appreciated.

++++1

Great, really.

Thanks man

Superb car, work and details !

:oogle:

Didn't expect anything less from you. Every build looks better than the last. Amazing work man. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the suspension.

Thanks man, that is why I keep doing them, I feel like I can do better on the next one from things I learned on the last one. Suspension feels good on initial driving but its really, really stiff. I am thinking softer springs are going to be a must.

When are you going to C&C next> I want to be sure to come see the car in person.

If I don't head to Pleasonton this weekend for good guys and the weather is nice, I should be there Saturday.

None of the new pictures are loading for me!?!?!

Now I'm standing here with my pants around my ankles and a greasy shop rag in my hand lookin silly...

Edit: They loaded.....hnnggggf

That backseat is totally worth the effort. It gives it that finished street rod look that is incredibly hard to pull off on a Volvo. Bravo

The back seat although a lot of people questioned why, I think the finished results are well worth it. Thanks for the props.

It looks gorgeous, well done

Much appreciated.

Front tires look very close...how's the clearance up there? I thought you might have gotten the 285/30 (couldn't read the size) but saw you mentioned elsewhere 275/35. The height difference is significant, but the taller tire is probably the way to go with all those torks. Those are about the same size as the 275/45/16 Hoosiers I used. With negative offset on the front, I definitely had to flatten the pinch weld at the rear of the inner wheel well (saw you discovered that already).

The perspective from the wide angle makes the rear look high but it doesn't seem that way in other photos. What's the front & rear ride height measured to the rocker (either to the bottom of the pinch weld, or to the rocker itself)?

Does anyone make a 5pt harness in chocolate-brown? ;-)

Front is very close, everywhere but with about 100 miles on the car the fronts dont seem to rub the rears on the other hand, well they do. Rear fenders are going to need some more work. I should have pulled another 5mm from the offset in the rears but it is what it is now.

Yep, didnt see that pinch weld till I had the fenders off, would need to happen eventually cause this car will see 315's on it someday.

Ill take a measurement, its is a little higher in the rear, but I also think partly because there is no diffuser on the rear of the car. Going to wait until I get the exhaust redone and then I can work on something to smooth out the rear of the car.

Tinkered with the car this weekend a fair bit, did a lot of little **** that nobody cares about. Got the wiring redone for the VSS directly into the Racepak as well as pulled the wiring from the dash for the oil pressure sender. Apparently you cannot get oil pressure through can bus on this particular racepak dash.......even though everything I read says you can. I also can get oil pressure on HP Tuners so I know its available on the can network. Frustrated with that.

I went to the junk yard and had a great day there. Found a bunch of stuff I needed. But Cheek cover for passenger trunk, a bunch of bolts to get plated for the front fenders and apron so they all match, a great looking antenna and 2 rear decks in amazing uncut condition all for $15.03

Got the antenna cleaned, painted and installed. Built a matching panel for the trunk to cover the drivers side hole and got the rear trunk carpet all installed, turned out good, but forgot to take pics.

Fought getting the IPD aluminum skid plate installed as it will not clear the drop bar, messed with that for a few hours. I have some ****ty spacers in there but it needs something more better, will work on that this week.

Pulled the pinstipe off the rest of the car to clean it up and have it match the fenders, buffed as much of the remnants off of it.

Messing with stupid VSS......still no luck.

Took the car for a spin, got fuel.....have a stinky fuel system I gotta fix, pretty sure I need to figure out a proper vent as my system doesnt really work how I thought it should.

Took it to Red Door Meet on sunday for a few hours. Car starts lots of conversations, its pretty fun. Got on it for the 1-2 shift for the first time, its got great power and the torque is incredible, as soon as you get into 2nd it just pulls.

The howl and rearend noise got worse and worse, weather is garbage up here and the gear guy is wonderful at gears but gravel road, rain so it would be a huge mess so here we go...

5:00 last night when I got home from work.

6 pm last night, loaded up and ready to drop off.

He took one spin of the pinion and was like what the hell? So its getting all new bearings, seals, solid pinion spacer if he has the right one and an Eaton True Track.

As long as it doesnt need gears it will be back in the car tomorrow night, we got **** to get to now.

:omg:

Sean

I ran the fuel tank vent from tank to canister like stock, then canister to barbed fitting in the air intake tube upstream of the maf sensor. Never smell any fuel. ‘Course, fuel line choice has to be impermeable too...I made that mistake once.

Back