• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bruh : The Thread[Matt's 945]

Ahhhhh.

Regardless of what happens I'll be using them, haha. Probably gonna fix everything on this, but if not I'll be buying another 940 to transfer everything to.

I'm just messing with ya. These cars are old and fiddly. CHANNEL YOUR PASSION AND GET IT BACK ON THE ROAD.</a>

My passion isn't there when everything is outside and no garage and no pavement and everything is humid and mosquitos are everywhere. :\

if youre talking about the power stage thing on the drivers inner fender thing, ive already purchased one for like $25 on ebay just to see if it's it :rofl:

I think he may be talking about the Radio Suppression Relay, and that's actually a real good thing to check. It's a black, double wide relay (not like the little cubes, but double the width) and it's near either shock mount. If there's two relays that are identical, I don't remember what the other one does, but they are the same relay so try switching them to see if it starts.

I think he may be talking about the Radio Suppression Relay, and that's actually a real good thing to check. It's a black, double wide relay (not like the little cubes, but double the width) and it's near either shock mount. If there's two relays that are identical, I don't remember what the other one does, but they are the same relay so try switching them to see if it starts.

This.

Another issue I've run into that has the same symptoms is the fuel pump relay loses connection with the ECU. I fear I'll need to run another wire or re-crimp it. I've replaced the relay several times but I think it's the plug itself.

When I tap or wiggle the relay, the car fires right up. I need to remove the ashtray/fuse cover and reach in and fiddle it and the car fires right up.

On older 740's its usually the distributor...have you replaced the cap/rotor/dist/dist seal lately? I dig the wagon man.

Have you checked the injector resistorpack on the left fender? You can enter the LH selftest programm and trigger the injectors.. If they dont clickr, the resistor is fried.

30055995791_5f594a7b19_c.jpg

30105319596_cbdc951301_c.jpg

29511962324_4f9c344cbf_c.jpg

thinking-face.png

ordering a new relay today, power stage should be here shortly. gonna be nice having actual new parts for once instead of trying to scrounge used things.

New Supression Relay in and it starts up, neat.

Last time I'll ever **** with used electrical parts.

Car runs like a bag o' dicks right now though because the battery had died so it needs to learn things again.

New Supression Relay in and it starts up, neat.

Last time I'll ever **** with used electrical parts.

Car runs like a bag o' dicks right now though because the battery had died so it needs to learn things again.

Eyyy mama mia, that's a spicy fix.

Yeah, well mine has a leaking heater core so count yourself lucky.

Gotta burp the cooling system still, but somehow my core still works after the internals beng completely exposed to weather fr two years.

29815975943_b74e42a61b_c.jpg

30150603380_1c7212cc44_c.jpg

I still hate this thing. Goddamn water pump is leaking again. Runs like ass. Need to replace the WP, and do a cap and rotor and probably a coil as well. Maybe put a new MAF in too considering the one that's on it is a million miles old. I really need a garage. :(

I think you did a ****load of stuff to your car without having a shop/garage/carport.. keep it up..

My natobitch is leaking like hell since 4 days.. Never drive anything more than 5km without having 10l water in a canister ;)

The trick is to lever it up with a big screwdriver before tightening it down.. Try loosen the screws and lever a bit.. If that doesnt work the gasket is shot on one point.. Some hylomar will help to make this bitchy papergasket seal up again.. :)

/Edit

And as is sits there.. Many would be jealous of that car !

......But you really need to tint your rearlights.. ;))

Back