• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Blue 242, the SlowRide

I was wondering where this car went off to? It was for sale awhile ago.

I know these cars kinda well in case you ever need any help

EXFhpM8h.jpg

No progress to report... but I'm dragging home a 244 turbo tomorrow. Finally found my black headliner and sunroof panel. Maybe a dash swap. M46 swap possible, run it until it dies then do the T5 thing.

Last edited:
Or7HypCh.jpg

9o80Wnsh.jpg

So many parts in one tasty 244 turbo... but, is it less rusty than the 242? Is the 242 just a flat hood conversion in waiting? Let the rust prodding begin!

Last edited:
Awesome buy!! Simi and myself are apart of flvc aswell like you mentioned above. Can't wait to see more updates! Post in the group page aswell that way if you need a couple of extra hands or random bits for any of your work, someone will be sure to help out :-)

Awesome buy!! Simi and myself are apart of flvc aswell like you mentioned above. Can't wait to see more updates! Post in the group page aswell that way if you need a couple of extra hands or random bits for any of your work, someone will be sure to help out :-)

FLVC is the only reason I even keep my facebook active :)

However, my son was born on OCT 2nd, so all volvo activities have been put on the back burner. I might even start bribing FLVC members with volvo parts to help clean out my garage :lol:

Need to put down a slab behind the house to move the whole operation out of the garage...

I think those side markers(possible blinkers) are from an 850 (I have same), but hard to say in your pics ?
Nice for lane changes on freeway for annoying "Blind-spot" drivers (I actually had a "driver" do it for 10 miles, couldn't believe it when I changed lanes, after thinking he/she turned off miles back, insane) :roll:

Oooooookay, update time :)

Almost done making the parts GLT pay for itself. Just need to sell the virgos and interior bits and drag her off to zee crusher, or sell empty shell for derby or racecar.

Will be pulling the m46 soon, then will pull the b230f/aw71 from the 242.
Need to replace the water pump, too.

Parts in hand:
Ported 90+ manifold
T3/T4 with 0.48 hotside and ATP ultimate waste gate
Stock intercooler, pipes, hoses, recirc valve, maf wire extension
Stock 240 oil cooler to replace the diy job that’s on there
Ipd turbo cam, ipd two piece adjustable gear (will swap over, currently on B cam installed)
White 850 injectors (have 8 that will be sent off for testing and cleaning for 4 of the good ones)
3bar fpr
Chipped ecu/ezk
Many gauges
Coolant tees, turbo overflow and wash bottles, and other random supporting bits.

Plus T will be done on the engine stand so I’ll drill the oil return boss rather than mod an oil pan, though I do have a few I can weld a return to if I chicken out. Gonna start around stock boost level until I

Still need:
Turbo oil/water lines
PCV plate and catch can
Down pipe
Wideband
Bronze bushings for m46
Short throw shifter

I’ll keep the aw71 for accumulator mod and for when the m46 dies.

There is a plan B incase time/money becomes a factor:
Simple +T using stock garret, downpipe, and modified turbo exhaust from parts GLT.

Last edited:
Nice 242.... is that paint color an original VOLVO option?

Suggest you find/build a 3" DP, and then HI-FLOW CAT (if you intend to run one... hope so). CAT back, at least the size of the IPD "sport exhaust".

I'm sure you know the M46 clutch "slip" is designed to protect that weak-a$$ M46 gearbox. Unless you are going to resist the more boost urge, you'll soon be swapping that AW71 or other. Have you considered just going T5 and be done with it?

Overall, a very nice start. I've got the black Bertone leather for my 242..... swanky!

Oooooookay, update time :)

Almost done making the parts GLT pay for itself. Just need to sell the virgos and interior bits and drag her off to zee crusher, or sell empty shell for derby or racecar.

Will be pulling the m46 soon, then will pull the b230f/aw71 from the 242.
Need to replace the water pump, too.

Parts in hand:
Ported 90+ manifold
T3/T4 with 0.48 hotside and ATP ultimate waste gate
Stock intercooler, pipes, hoses, recirc valve, maf wire extension
Stock 240 oil cooler to replace the diy job that’s on there
Ipd turbo cam, ipd two piece adjustable gear (will swap over, currently on B cam installed)
White 850 injectors (have 8 that will be sent off for testing and cleaning for 4 of the good ones)
3bar fpr
Chipped ecu/ezk
Many gauges
Coolant tees, turbo overflow and wash bottles, and other random supporting bits.

Plus T will be done on the engine stand so I’ll drill the oil return boss rather than mod an oil pan, though I do have a few I can weld a return to if I chicken out. Gonna start around stock boost level until I

Still need:
Turbo oil/water lines
PCV plate and catch can
Down pipe
Wideband
Bronze bushings for m46
Short throw shifter

I’ll keep the aw71 for accumulator mod and for when the m46 dies.

There is a plan B incase time/money becomes a factor:
Simple +T using stock garret, downpipe, and modified turbo exhaust from parts GLT.

How parted out is the 240T? With the extra parts laying around you could maybe make it functional?

Also if you have the chance, go T5, its a world of difference.

How parted out is the 240T? With the extra parts laying around you could maybe make it functional?

Also if you have the chance, go T5, its a world of difference.

It’s pretty much going to be a shell with a gas tank when I’m done. It’s going to be winched across lumber onto a trailer when it goes. :-D

There’s a T5 on facebook right now for $400, but I’ve blown the months volvo budget out of the water. Puts a big damper on the parts hoarding.

Have a line on some T5 swap goodies, and a greenlight from the Commander in Chief... Things might get interesting sooner than promised.

pgCrYlQh.jpg

This is what $500 of T5 swap for the 242 looks like. Complete with Yoshifab goodies. LH3.1, hit a deer, popped a u-joint. Need to get under it and check out what they did with the crossmember and replace a u-joint or two. Time to order the hurst shifter and boot gromet ? la Dave Barton.

New plan:

-Compression test both b230f engines (deer 244 and 242).
-Pull LH3.1 B230f/T5 from deer 244, pull LH2.4 B230f/AW71 from 242,
-The B230f with best compression numbers goes on the engine stand for +T
-T5 goes into 242.
-LH2.4 B230F+T goes into 242
-3” DP and some exhaust
-Pick both 244’s clean and crush crush crush

Shooting to be done by summer.

Last edited:
Pick a section of the car strip it completely. Example interior... throw out everything bad first, then save everything what you want or is good. Move to the next section with undercarriage last

This. The GLT has almost paid for itself, still need to sell the virgos and cluster, gauge bits, interior. Only bought it for the m46 and turno headliner, but will probably keep the the rolling gear and suspension, and just winch it up onto the trailer. The lowering springs on the 242 (B&G I think) aren’t convincing me they’re worth keeping.

The 91 244 was only really purchased for the T5 and yoshifab bits, but the motor is strong/worth keeping. Might just have someone roll the chassis away :e-shrug:

Pick a section of the car strip it completely. Example interior... throw out everything bad first, then save everything what you want or is good. Move to the next section with undercarriage last

That’s how I’ve slowly been doing it. Lately, I’ve only had the 20 min or so of daylight after I get home from work to pull engine bits. Things should accelerate once my son is a little older, but at 4mo he hasn’t discovered sleeping in yet. There’s gonna be so much blue velour in the garage...:grrr:

Been buttering up the manager at LKQ in an effort to let me film them being crushed. TBricks snuff film for the fan girls.

Last edited:
T I?ve only had the 20 min or so of daylight after I get home from work to pull engine bits. Things should accelerate once my son is a little older, but at 4mo he hasn?t discovered sleeping in yet.

Been buttering up the manager at LKQ in an effort to let me film them being crushed. TBricks snuff film for the fan girls.

Im here to tell you you cant do much until they are 5 if you're alone with him

as for the video.. yes please

If you want, i'd love to come by and see what parts you got before you crush, I could maybe build a car from the spare parts you got.

If you want, i'd love to come by and see what parts you got before you crush, I could maybe build a car from the spare parts you got.

We’ll see. I plan to replace the tired interior of the 91 with the perky velour of the GLT, seems easier than trying to sell it here or on FLVC.

Last edited:
Back