• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Picked up a 76' 245!

BoostRadley

I've been lurking on the board for a few years now and shamefully haven't contributed anything of substance. But about a month ago I picked up a car I thought was worth sharing. I bought it at night for $350. It luckily was just for sale on the side of the road and not advertised online or i'm sure it would have ended up in the picknpull or scrap yard. When I got it cleaned up the next morning after probably its first wash in 10 years, I was surprised to see how good of condition the outside was. As far as running goes. It started once before I had it towed home, but after getting it in the driveway it wouldn't start.

DSC03843_zps4ac90326.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03855_zpse893e57f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03846_zps6cdf8564.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03850_zps76dfadce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Shameless plug for my 242, but I couldn't help but share how good the driveway was looking with two flathoods....

DSC03890_zps00dd23cb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It still needs a lot of love, and an interior...but its going to sit until I have a clear idea of what I want to do with it. My initial thought is find a later model 240 and do an interior, chassis, motor swap along with a good stage 0 to make a nice daily driver.

DSC03848_zpsef136103.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

yah boiii
DSC03845_zps92e9e91d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03844_zps62433e8c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03849_zps526d42cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Way cool!

Driveways look best with multiple flathoods

Just polish it out and let it be the early ride that it is.

Ditch those air pumps and smog garbage and have some fun

Cool car. I've never seen one that color or that old in person here in the DC area.

Thats bc they died with the dinosaurs on this coast. I have never seen an early model flathood 245 randomly on the east coast either. Did see an early flathood 244 in NYC last year. But it had mid west plates on it. My wife, (girlfriend at the time) saw a flathood 245 in the parking lot at Lowes in Delaware, took a picture of it for me and walked away. I wanted to kill her for not getting a phone number or leaving a note on it with my name and number, that thing probably got crushed already.

Makes it that much more sad when the guys on the west coast carelessly hack and crush them.

bryan stones old car

Did you know him Kenny? I dealt with his parents mostly. I only had a short interaction with Bryan that was slightly awkward......

Awesome!!! It's in my favorite color too!!!!

What an awesome set of cars, nice save! That is a pretty cool color too, BTW.

Glad to see it found a good home.

Cool car. I've never seen one that color or that old in person here in the DC area.

Thanks guys! This is the first 240 in this color I've ever seen in person. As it sits, I've had a lot of positive feedback from people (even non volvo people) on it.

Way cool!

Driveways look best with multiple flathoods

Just polish it out and let it be the early ride that it is.

Ditch those air pumps and smog garbage and have some fun

Yah, the reason I was thinking of doing a later model swap is just due to the condition of almost everything on this car. The entire interior is either completely trash or missing. Also, the engine compartment and the suspension need a complete overhaul. We'll see though, i'm busy enough at work i'll have a lot more time to think before any action goes into it.

I also found this car at the wrong time since I was focusing on finding a reliable daily driver for the family. I always manage to find projects instead.....:lol:

I had never seen it attributed to Salient Arms but did know about the history/controversy of the original tags. I just thought an angry panda was a good metaphor for a turbo'd Volvo!

Yea, Bansky, but salient arms made it better (plus they sell the t-shirts)

Yah, the reason I was thinking of doing a later model swap is just due to the condition of almost everything on this car. The entire interior is either completely trash or missing. Also, the engine compartment and the suspension need a complete overhaul. We'll see though, i'm busy enough at work i'll have a lot more time to think before any action goes into it.

I also found this car at the wrong time since I was focusing on finding a reliable daily driver for the family. I always manage to find projects instead.....:lol:

I've always had an affinity for the early 240's, and part of what makes 'em so special is that interior. I love the early dash and those door cards.

I'd encourage you to leave it be...you'll find nice pieces to swap in, over time, and bring it back to shape.

It looks like a really nice car, just needs some love...and those wheels are RAD!

Do this car right, and it'll be the reliable family car you so desire

Swap in a M46/47, do a few more basic things/maintenance and daily it!

Sweet car,always jelly of the West Coast grabs that's a wet dream over here..

I see it has the same stupid blower motor! haha.
Your driveway photo of the two Volvos is awesome. Wish I had one that looked like those.

Back