• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LS intakes, has anyone fit a high rise manifold on a 240?

According to Holley, the Sniper is 8.2" tall, the one I posted is 9" so maybe... it looks like a knock off of the Sniper anyway, should probably get the real name brand one I guess if I go that route. The stock truck intake is just so ugly...

According to Holley, the Sniper is 8.2" tall, the one I posted is 9" so maybe... it looks like a knock off of the Sniper anyway, should probably get the real name brand one I guess if I go that route. The stock truck intake is just so ugly...

LOL . with you on the ugly intake without the cover but it performs better that the car intake. spend the coin! what another few hundred since you have spent thousands already.

Last edited:
I looked at the regular Sniper intake I guess, whoops. Good to know! Surprised that clears a flathood...Like I said in my original post I was told the plastic truck manifold will not fit under a flathood and barely fits under the coffin hood. I don't know if that is accurate but I read it on TB so it must be true :-P

Do you use a cable or electronic throttlebody?

I can confirm the truck intake did not fit under the flathood on my 242. I had to use a Corvette LS1 intake

Last edited:
Weird, the truck intake fit my car no problems, I had room to spare. I did make my own mounts though. On Facebook there are plenty of flathood cars running truck intakes no problems.

Get the tbss intake. Clears the coffin hood and is the best bang for the buck. The sniper race that Brian has is super nice. But those damn eBay intakes are SO LOUD. at idle and heat soak like a mofo. They sound like rocks are shooting around in the intake

Hahaha, I don't want that sound...
The TBSS intake is definitely much better than the truck one I have, its still ugly tho. The price is right, $162 on Summit, then I guess you would need a 4 bolt throttle body and the correct fuel rails.
Still doing some reading...

Hahaha, I don't want that sound...
The TBSS intake is definitely much better than the truck one I have, its still ugly tho. The price is right, $162 on Summit, then I guess you would need a 4 bolt throttle body and the correct fuel rails.
Still doing some reading...

Yes, the TBSS intake is incredible! If you can, you should run it.

But yes, 4 bolt TB and you will need to dress out the intake for your needs.

I believe this may be the same intake as OP?

QAEtcgbl.jpg

It may be.

I kinda wanted return style rails, which the tbss doesn't have, but someone probably makes them, gotta look around a bit more.

You can always just use a adjustable regulator to return fuel as well. That's a very well documented way of getting around that issue.

Ya, my engine originally had a returnless rail and I was going to do that, but then I got a return style rail for cheap. No big deal

Back