• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 c63 amg v8

PAULDRIVER

Just thought id say hello, first post so gotta start somewhere.:lol:

My name is paul, im from a small village called Horbury in west Yorkshire, UK.

Ive hopefully found a volvo 242 in good condition with no rot or welding done,

I had wanted one for a few years but never actually got one.

My plans are to put a 6.3 L mercedes c63 AMG motor in it with 6 speed manual box,

I have the engine and box but no volvo as yet:oogle:

Will put some pictures up when i pick her up which should be soon:nod:

Not figured out which rear axle to use yet ?

I want it to go fast and 475hp with 420lb of torque should do the trick.:cool:

These engines map straight to 525hp as in the E63 merc so a decent back end is a must !

I also need to get a road map with all the fuel stations marked out, as i think it will be a petrol version of an alcoholic. (glug glug):wtf:

Where else...... ebay.

All the scrap yards want silly money for bare blocks and no ancillaries.

Someone had this 2011 c63 and rear ended it into a tree, they got paid out and somehow bought the car back ?

So i got the engine and auto box , (which i sold) and had a tremec t56 6 speed shipped from the states.

I have to have a loom made up by an electrical wizard,

Even though its a v8 injection, no turbo, no charger, it still needs an expensive ecu like a sytec as it is 4 channel VVT, 2x inlet cams and 2x exhaust cams !

Already got someone to wire it up, they are waiting for me to get the engine in, and take it to them.

This is the ecu ill be using, i said sytec earlier, its syvecs my mistake:roll:
http://www.syvecs.co.uk/products/engine-management-system/s6/

I'm not a tooner but I would be impressed if you can get VVT to work with that ECU. There are 4 cam sensors on the front of thos Mercedes engines and then 4 VVT solenoids. That ECU will control it?

Welcome to tbricks! Post pics of the progress. Sorry to be skeptical but these threads pop up all the time and then fade away....

These are the guys who will do it, ive already run through what i need with them.

http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/northwest-rolling-road.php

That Ecu is 16 channel input, 16 output, OMEX and EMERALD ECU S are no good, they cant control everything thats going on.

They did tell me the later 4.0 turbo c63 has a high pressure injection system which is totally different and would be need the merc ecu and wiring which trying to remove, disect then get going in another car .......:rofl:

Its basically impossible.
But im sure someone will come up with something:oogle:

I'm not a tooner but I would be impressed if you can get VVT to work with that ECU. There are 4 cam sensors on the front of thos Mercedes engines and then 4 VVT solenoids. That ECU will control it?

Those ecu s run up to 12 cylinders

Have a look round their website,

They are one of if not the best in the uk.

Back