home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2018, 01:21 AM   #26
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell

Quick update, I've had some time to make some more progress. The bulkhead closing panel is now welded and finished off.

The welding.

Backside.

A little grinding later and we have a nicely finished panel. I'll have to do the other side. It's more corroded on the pillar, so I'll take it all off and do it again.

The floor was next. A little more fitting and it's all welded in place.

A little grinding and this panel is done...again.

That's looking a lot better.

Pedal box corners welded up and ready to mount. Finally.

Adjusted the fit to the firewall for the last time. This is how close it is...honest. No screws this time.

Pedal mount plate and stiffening/closing panel. Painted inside and out. It's the details that take the time.

The "exposed" nuts go inside the frame, then you can see how this part welds to the frame and the floor. That'll make it as stiff as needed.

I've still got a test fit or two coming up - need to get a false floor in the drivers side and test the pedals while seated in the car to make sure I like it. Then we can move on to other things like the drive line tunnel.

1966 Canadian (B5234T, C4 up front, Supra out back and a nut in the middle) http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=328003
1981 242 (B230FT, LH 2.4...and a few other things)

YouTube channel covering Canadian build https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsx...n3CiBQFd4rMyXw
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote