• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Won't boost, misfires, stalling, hard start.

Update

One week ago the car wouldn't even start. I killed the battery and left it on the charger and left the site.

Tonight I checked valve lash=OK. I also swapped out the cap, rotor, plugs and wires with good quality parts.

NOW the car starts right up, but won't idle without stalling. If I hit the gas very carefully I can get it to hold a rev at 3k. The instant I hit the gas pedal harder to try to snap it, engine DIES.

I wanna smoke test it but the owner doesn't want to tow it to the shop so I'm working on it in the street on my way home from work.

Falls on face when throttle applied reeks of airleaks, I think.

No change with MAF unplugged. I may do voltage readings next time on it.

I admit there is one airleak that I know of. The waste gate hose is off right now. I plugged it with my finger and there was no change, but that's not the best test. I keep forgetting to bring the new one and clamps.

I dislike mobile auto repair.....

NOT an askhole.

I regained FULL POWER!!!! AIRLEAK at throttle body hose clamp was LIKELY the issue.

Today I got to the cah , and detected the intake hose was still off from my last "ether into the throttle body test"
. I clamped it down and the car fired right up and drove great!!! Nevermind the brake pedal going soft sometimes. Meh, will fix that...

Every good penny you throw at this baked bitch is gonna be thrown after the last bad one. F'k it. Roached// Might not be this bad but you should have seen clues with the head off?

serveimage

Find a good used engine and save yourself a lot of anguish.

Spare time: Pull the dead carcass apart and see if anything's salvageable.

Just went on a 20 mile successful test drive! The short block is still good.

Back