• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

'85 245 Looking for an ICU (1346107)

If anyone has a spare (unknown or known working) I'm interested!
Also happen to be looking for rear left and center bumper trim pieces...

Otherwise, are there wreckers locally? I've only found Chapman's on the island so far

Thanks!

^If you have a passport, it may be worth taking the ferry ride over to Tsawwassen, then heading down into Washington. There's Rainbow Auto Service in Bellingham, then three Pick-n-Pull yards in the Seattle area (all of which have the ignition module you're looking for, at 50% off this weekend), plus a couple other yards that are all U-pull yards.

Otherwise, you're looking at dealing with Schram's, Scandia, or praying there's something at the Chilliwack PaP.

Empire in Abbotsford has a self-serve yard also. You can call them and ask what's in the yard.

Pick-a-part in Chilliwack has a vehicle search page on their website, but it looks like they only have a '92 240 right now.

Allvo down off of Bryne Road in Burnaby has a lot of old 240 junk, if they are still in business.

Many of the local hoarders keep an eye on this thread too...

Any chance someone's got a spare aw71 taking up space? The trans that went in with my new engine has started making a baseball card in the spokes sort of noise. Frigging torque converters failing.
Would also consider a 70 but really a 71 is what I'm after, +t is imminent. Should be happening right now.:grrr:

I know I might get away with just a new converter, but the 71 that's in there now is an unknown junkyard unit and I don't want to risk doing this a third time.

Any chance someone's got a spare aw71 taking up space? The trans that went in with my new engine has started making a baseball card in the spokes sort of noise. Frigging torque converters failing.
Would also consider a 70 but really a 71 is what I'm after, +t is imminent. Should be happening right now.:grrr:

I know I might get away with just a new converter, but the 71 that's in there now is an unknown junkyard unit and I don't want to risk doing this a third time.

As luck would have it, I do have an AW-71. I bought it from a local TB member, then soon after acquired most of the things I need for a manual swap

Last edited:
Awesomeness! I'm working a double today but I'll pm you my number, get ahold of me tomorrow and we can work out the details! Really wishing I didn't pick up the extra shifts now.

Didn't expect to see this guy on Speedhunters!

http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/06/an-apocalypse-proof-volvo/

Speedhunters_IATS_Volvo242_Andrew_Ritchie_5361-1200x800.jpg

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/d/1998-volvo-v70r-station-wagon/6627529918.html

00909_U5EwKtyiOz_600x450.jpg

1998 volvo v70r
condition: good
cylinders: 5 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 200000
paint color: silver
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: wagon
I'm selling my 98 Volvo. This is a great car that has quite a lot of power. You wouldn't know it is 20 years old. I am only the second owner of this vehicle and I purchased it in January of this year. It was previously a one owner, local car. The car itself is in fantastic shape. The odometer just kicked over 200,000kms just a few days ago. It still has a lot of life left in it. It makes the usual moans and groans of a 20 year old car but it drives fantastic. The turbo still works and sounds awesome. It's interior features such as heat, AC, seat warmers, power windows, seat adjustment all work without issues. The radio works great too and is a CD player, but no AUX. The AWD was terrific in the snow this winter and it ran without issue. Could probably use some snow tires though when not driving in the city.
This car would be ideal for someone looking for a reliable vehicle that can use it for camping trips or needs extra room in the back. I used the car to transport my tools utilising the folding seats in the back as well.

I wasn't being facetious

I get it.

Off topic - any of you guys ever check out the Carbs & Coffee meets on the North Shore? It moves around but is always early in the morning. Sunday Aug 5th from 8-10AM up top of Mt. Seymour this week. Not usually much Volvo content but that's easily fixable.

Vancouver Brickers.

I need to take the wife's Mazda 6 in for a wheel alignment. Where would the locals take their wives' daily for a good wheel alignment?

Back