• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Adrian's '78 245 DL+16v

what rear end is in that, gearing wise?

I had two bad runs in the afternoon and was too exhausted to recover and re-think. Ran 3 very similar times with my fastest in the morning.

It went something like this:
Run 1:
Gently find the course and don't screw anything up.
Run 2:
Run way too hot and pitch the car on its nose and spin it in a cloud of tire smoke, but nail the pivot rotation pretty well and haul through the C-box sliding all the way.

Run 3. Find an in-between and run pretty fast for no seat time all year.

Lunch and downhill. Adrian also got like 2 or 3 more re-runs than I did (from timing glitches), not that I'm bitter or anything. The cars held together pretty well (our cars are very similar to drive but different).

Last edited:
eyyyyyyy:
6131_602604833180_25901816_35938934_2117042_n.jpg

also car's apart again, exhaust manifold is off for some weird reason :???:

I hate the printed vanity plates Washington has now. My dad recently got a replacement for his stamped ones because they are 7 years old, but it's a vanity so it's the same number.

what the hell is all this ****?
tumblr_kopr9eaLIb1qzolu5o1_500.jpg

oh riiiiiiiight its that ****!
tumblr_kopr0ztptW1qzolu5o1_500.jpg

AN **** should be showing up tomorrow, then I just have to plumb it up, run beads on the tacked up downpipe, change injectors, and proceed to quickly break something so I can push it back into the garage for another many months.

Should be running by Christmas 2024, about a year before Poik's junk, and another 40 years before the bitchka's test tube babies get their car running.

wow! than manifold looks great! edis ftw! have you checked out mine lately? thanks for your advise on getting the ego gauge workin! you have always been a big help! is that schedual 40 pipe for the manifold? i have 15 90* bends here.... im gona make one soon!

wow! than manifold looks great! edis ftw! have you checked out mine lately? thanks for your advise on getting the ego gauge workin! you have always been a big help! is that schedual 40 pipe for the manifold? i have 15 90* bends here.... im gona make one soon!

Yeah, sched. 40. With the gate, holset, and mani, the whole package is like 80 ****ing pounds. :-( Next time: lighter.

I'm pretty sure we'll have genetically enhanced clones by the time our car is ready for the road. Too bad roads won't exist anymore.

Luckily you'll be able to teleport the shell to antique shows, amirite?

That looks excellent!! I miss that turbo, but I'm glad you're finally getting around to using it. Can't wait for vids.

Here's hoping I don't blow up the tranny or fry a piston before I can get a freeway pull. :x:

I saw the first photo and I was like "No ****ing way."

Just you wait, I'll get it running in the garage, open up the door and be snowed in, and decide to take it back apart until next summer.

Back