home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > showroom > projects & restorations

Old 08-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #301
DET17
Reformed SAABaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke4speed View Post
The stock reg is a boost/vac-referenced one. It raises fuel pressure 1psi per pound of boost, IIRC.
While I cannot find a BOSCH spec. online, the evidence/experience I can glean is the FPR used on LH2.2, LH2.4, pretty much everything since K-Jet passed away, are identical. They are designed to maintain 3.0 bar ABOVE the referenced intake pressure, obviously to the limit of the chassis fuel pump to supply. FCP says that said FPR is good for "25psi to 60 psi".

Feedback thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=198746
DET17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #302
DET17
Reformed SAABaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere View Post
can you flip it 180 degrees?
That actually exacerbates the situation.... the B21F intake "runs uphill" toward the firewall, and the brace is sitting on the plenum while just in contact with the Kaplhenke mounting bolts. When the intake is 100% complete, I'll have a last look at relieving some steel from the brace, but I doubt it will clear the plenum. Not a serious setback.... for my DD duty, the brace probably brings little to the table.

Last edited by DET17; 09-09-2017 at 09:02 PM..
Old 09-09-2017, 09:29 PM   #303
DET17
Reformed SAABaholic

Default 3 inch DP test fit, finally!

For the first time since I've owned this car, it FINALLY has a 3 inch DP!

The DP I have was reportedly a JAO/TLAO unit, although I cannot confirm as I bought it used. Now that it's test fitted, I know whoever built it knew well the available room in the 7/9 engine bay.

I bought a 7cm TD04 flat flange exhaust housing for my 19t build...... and then purchased a 92mm OD V-band flange off eBay (to match the size welded to the DP). My buddy the machinist is one helluva welder.... he bought the recommended 309L rod and TIG'ed the V-band to the TD04 turbine housing. I grabbed some non-locking M8 nuts and threw it together for a test fitting:

[IMG][/IMG]

To say it barely fit, is an understatement. Whomever designed/built this 3" DP did it well.... check out the minuscule clearance:

[IMG][/IMG]

Soon I'll complete the 19t rebuild (CHRA is balanced and waiting), and plug these bits together. I plan to wrap the 3" DP to reduce the heat in the engine bay. I'll have to replace the 5 year old oil drain hose as I hard to cut it to get it off the old turbo.

[IMG][/IMG]

I've got some fuel pump updates to make as well.... replaced the in tank "pre pump".
Old 09-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #304
doucheNozzle

Tip: When you copy the link from Photobucket, you don't have to click on the image icon in tb. Just paste that URL it gives you. Then you won't have these annoying IMG tags.

'95 850 T-5R - FailSedan
'04 V70 T5A - FailFamily
doucheNozzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #305
thismachine13
Board Member

Even though this is a build for a paw paw car ;)....there are tons of useful info here for my soon +T with a T3. Great write up!

Last edited by thismachine13; 09-13-2017 at 08:13 PM..
thismachine13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:00 PM   #306
DET17
Reformed SAABaholic

Since I am actually a Paw Paw TWICE'T (southern expression), I appreciate the compliment! Laying out tools on the kitchen granite to begin reassembling my 19t.... still need to get the KINUGAWA Turbo WG actuator on order.... coming soon.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:14 PM   #307
thismachine13
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET17 View Post
Laying out tools on the kitchen granite to begin reassembling my 19t....
The Mrs is still out of town....isn't she?
thismachine13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:31 PM   #308
nitroboie
Board Member

Still enjoying the wasted spark conversion? My last key pieces (board and bracket) will be arriving soon just can't decide if I want to stay chipped with it or not. Currently running a chipped egr ezk although the chip disables egr. Have a non-egr chippable goldie and a non-chippable non-egr blackbox in my parts stash.

What would you do given the options?
nitroboie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:45 AM   #309
DET17
Reformed SAABaholic

For stockish boost levels, I'd run the WS conversion sans the daughter card EZK (non-chipped). However if you plan to run more boost (say 15+), I would run a gold box with a performance chip. My understanding is that additional timing is pulled by the ignition chip..... insurance against boost knock / preignition.

That said as my understanding..... I've never seen the ignition timing table for LH. Only those who have been under the hood (IPdown for example) know what values are in those tables! I give a 2 thumbs up to the WS conversion overall..... removed an ignition problem (misfire) I was having at 5K RPM and with 16psi boost.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:15 AM   #310
nitroboie
Board Member

Makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation.
nitroboie is offline   Reply With Quote