• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

building an NA that could

SkeTchy-MechAniC

Goodday you guys!

Placed my order on KLracing a couple of days ago and it should be here tomorrow. Just thought i'll bring you guys up to speed on what i'll be working on :oogle:

8 st A8-3-3F1 Enkel Ventilfj?der volvo 8v 41-46kg
1 st XF3-2F3 Volvo 8v kamaxel KLR S/T5
4 st A9-7-3F1 38mm Avgas 8v 01602
4 st A9-8-3F1 46mm Insug 8v 01600
8 st A2-4-3F4 Lachcaps h?jd 4mm (8mm skaft)
4 st A8-7-2F1 48mm Tratt L?ngd 140mm Utan fot

Where’s the new intake manifold? All of those fancy head parts are going to be held back by the intake mani

I'm hoping to make 200 crank with these parts, should be doable right? Good point on the manifold. Was playing with the idea of using motorcycle throttle body's of some sort but that ain't certain yet. One other thing i didn't figure out yet is the exhaust manifold. After seeing the video of that guy from drifts and lifts making no power with that nice manifold i'm not quite sure if it's worth the cost for my build. :oops:

Last edited:
Volvo evo head is a great upgrade for power.

Someone willing to take a kidney AND testicles for one of those? :oogle:

For the people interested i thought i'll just post the cam specs down here:
KLR 5 Camshaft suitable for various forms of motorsport such as Rally, Racing etc. Also goes to Turbo motors designed for Dragrace.
Camshafts are ground on new blanks (we do not need any old camshaft in exchange)

Dur on driving play 300 degrees
Cam lift
12.9mm Cam angle 108 degrees
TDC lift approx 4.5mm
Valve play 0.35mm Distributor groove
on camshaft: Yes
Needed
Fits original valve press

Last edited:
200 crank is the least i'd be happy with, More would be definitely be nice :oogle:

About the compression. I've bought a low mileage B230F that looks really good inside so i'll have that freshened up and it'll be ready to go. Did start on the head already and got the valves unshrouted and decked 2,5MM, When the valves are in i'll measure the left over chamber vollume. Guess i could also deck the block a bit, How much can be taken off with the stock F pistons?

okoUKfEgh2otG1fKtiiIUOxvQHPNMJK6d-yGFVWYSXIbrcPpTZZ0VtWHUQdy8TpCr3fhfmOf8gYjMdeoboZtkbCG0jE9UBVs4Fso1PXujB0ws6-Ql5yKKW1kRp0RtSk8Yfj9caMR2QRpZ48AHFCGSvjEjPjsi4WcUhY-uBkERQXmW6-bCyPFrcKm1hd8nmOpcYfYxU9SxecGhUMptmk9e1YtH3RRdOwgE12CBv7Mn77jONMn18ZbLsLraxRxa7Yu6rXpofgSjgqLDNJXaV5bkDYwYzD4MXTwvI8sLwhf7utzEPbBojWxxnDt08ZbQMzc-lFHda5i-tpRc4hfgtHue1IAWiHLDIBeEf8A2OJT1XY0eeyCKvDE8bGBPWICAYZ6RpTeMHcFeOYkJ07VcBD_uC4iwn5xScuG_-NSu6sNIE3iCTy4msTvevGdt4nWoKWvIPQDKkL46pkJkAgLa0LHC1SntwjH669C6K5kKF6mvIUBJoymt-NGOky31ASo7FZ7lEW3HKFiLAPdXAgkGIgkGCN_waWyyOQQ03sDQzwrCF7bNT1nsYtS13CU1nBM0qj6jqfEO90eiJ9uuc2M2v9KY_q-4PXBV73VlF46qR7DvY_cBdabLQa2zBxICU6ffnFHnXElcZ6_2-xk4kYykSe2eQkPW35HlJVnK4AVT7E5x3FF_j_h1e74q9sNEm0X=w406-h857-no

Box filled with excitement and motivation

Last edited:
Friend of mine just made 283whp/218wtq on an NA Honda K24 block with a K20 head... All motor with just upgraded pistons, rods and cams.

Why didn't you go for a 16V head?

Friend of mine just made 283whp/218wtq on an NA Honda K24 block with a K20 head... All motor with just upgraded pistons, rods and cams.

Why didn't you go for a 16V head?

^^^^^ This.
Also, what CR on that K20/24?

Image working again?

Those Honda's do are fast, Just one thing .. I'd rather have 90 proud volvo ponies than 300 while shamefully confessing its powered by a H?Nd? :lol:

Chose an 8v because i had a good engine and some other stuff laying around the shop. There is also a 16v head somewhere but these 8v's are just plain simple, forgiving and cheap! No tears when i **** it up + performance part prices for these are a joke! Whole top end kit is less than 400 eur! The 16v will be build some day but for now the 8v will be enough to build a fun light track car and make some seat time.

Last edited:
seats-are-ground

Will try to get the valves done tonight and post some pictures, turbobrickers love them pictures righ?t :lol:

You’re going to be short of your HP goal if using a stock intake manifold. That’s the real bottle neck on a 8v NA volvo.
Kyle (klr142) has built up and raced some very hot NA 8v engines for road racing (~170-180 crank hp), and you can find some of his stuff linked here:
https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=354499

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=349780

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=221925&page=4

He’s currently running some cam that’s a bit larger than the T5 cam, and it’ll be interesting to see how it does compared to the “small” cam he had in there previously.

Back