• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

WC T5 Swap Driveshaft

supreme940

So I bit the bullet and got a bunch of T5 swap stuff for my 940. I got yoshifab's 235mm flywheel package with the FX250, T5 TO bearing, T5 Swap adapter kit, and silicone mount. As far as things I already have for the swap, I have a m47 hydro setup without a clutch line and a wc t5. The exact ratios and stuff I'm not 100% sure but for $75 i couldn't pass it up. I'll have to look at the tag.

As far as my question goes, what's the best plan for a driveshaft? Should I modify the 2 piece existing auto driveshaft and replace the center support bearing or is it better to have a one piece driveshaft and delete the center support bearing? I just don't want it to be the thing I'm waiting on for the swap.

Also the shifter location is another problem I've heard will give me trouble. Is it feasable for me to get a T5 Camaro tailshaft to swap in? I've read that it's still not far enough back with that. Should I leave it as is and try to fab up a weird shifter that comes back to the stock 7/9 shifter hole? I was also thinking of cutting up the trans tunnel to move it forward and relocating the fuse panel / custom fiberglass dash and center console parts but that's a major undertaking.

Is there anything else I'm missing in terms of parts besides the driveshaft and clutch line?

Back