• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

Oh yea we destroyed the rear shocks on it and the front suspension is original. It needs alot of work and tuning but it was fun to get to blast it around on the streets and the track and get a feel for it. Over all it's slower then it should be but it has the potential and I'm very happy with it

How fast "should" it be, compared to where it is?? Because this thing is badass.

I'm very very rusty. It's been about 6 years since I went drag racing. I have 2.73 gears in it with a 27 inch tire. I'm going to just change gears and hit the track again and see how she does. We cleaned up the tune a bit so it does feel alot better up top. My 60 foot was 2.6 which is very very bad. Also it's odd getting used to a car that you can actually load up on the foot brake. I only got 2 passes during the weekend unfortunately

Just turn up the boost a little.

With everything maxed out, a 6.0 will make more power than a 5.3, and a 5.3 will make more than a 4.8, but in a typical sloppy built fashion, any of them will make more power than you need.

Yes it was and honestly it was a bit of a mess. The event sucked but we had to replace the water pum, water pump gaskets and blew out the airshocks on it. It really should have a cage before I push it harder. It's scary as is with no sway bars and stock suspension. I'm going to do a gear swap soon and take it back to the track. Also the car was completely untested before the event, we street tuned it for about an hour before the event

Ok ok. I saw it there and it clicked in my head from all of my lurking on here. Kept trying to catch all of the Volvo's with no luck. Sounds like you were driving a sketchy cloud.

Whelp I guess it's time for a Volvo update. Got another set of et streets heading home, got the 15s for it. February 10th we are hitting the strip with the 244

Nevermind on that the car started burning alot over coolant, probably from when it went into nuclear meltdown on the way to Davis. Pulling the heads and inspecting the head gaskets today. Probably going to have the heads machined flat

Welp removed the heads and found them to be cracked. Jumped on Craig's list and found a set of Corvette heads so I'm going to throw those on for now just to keep it cheap. They don't flow as well but it will be interesting to see how it acts

Welp removed the heads and found them to be cracked. Jumped on Craig's list and found a set of Corvette heads so I'm going to throw those on for now just to keep it cheap. They don't flow as well but it will be interesting to see how it acts

Man, I don't know how you soldier through all this stuff. A lesser man (me) would have given up!

It's not bad, had the heads off on my lunch break and picked up the new ones today, tanked them and did valve springs and will throw them on and drive the car home tomorrow. Breaking **** is part of the game

Back