• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I just started my car up in the parking lot to hear the rumble, hug the steering wheel a little, and smell the ethanol fumes just to know she's alive... I don?t know what to do if I lost my car.

I feel for you man. I really do.

It's done its job, and it did it exceptionally well. Be profoundly grateful to it that it did so.

Personally I wouldn't try to straighten it if the roof is rippled, go find a nice straight rustfree bodyshell and resurrect the car that way. Glad you're ok.

Ouch. That must really sting. Agreed - that's a re-shell...

At least it wasn't a ped you hit...the jokes still haven't stopped from that one... :omg: :rofl:

cheers

James

o

my ....

i want to know how many people saw the pic and said "OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOO"

glad to hear you are ok though

that sucks, but look how well the car held up, doing what it is supposed to do so nobody gets hurt... imagine if you driving a TOYOTA YARIS!

and btw, yesterday i went out and took my 245 around the block... it was maybe 1/8th mile, but im not going far without plates :)

.....im speechless....just speechless............................:raincloud:....well, i look forward to seeing where you will go from here...my accident was frightfully similar to this one...please think practically when attempting to repair it...i dont wanna hit a soft spot but to help you out...totalled= LET IT GO...it will save you SOOO much trouble in the long run...just trust me on this one

Glad you are okay. My god that is a gut-wrenching loss, though. One of the nicest 242s around.

I am building an 82 242 from California and ALWAYS think of that car as inspiration. A true example of excellence.

Good luck with your next one.

That's a horrible looking accident, and really unfortunate to happen to such a nice example of a 242. I've never totalled a car, but I've smashed mine up a few times. Look on the bright side and try to learn from it, whether it's something you could have done differently, or something you will do next time. Crashes have taught me a lot more than close calls, but the experience is never fun.

myLittlePony.jpg
The gold is in the toilet?

No way. That thing is gone. Look at the PS side of the car, it got hit HARD.

It looks like the cowl is buckled at the lower corner of the windshield. Can't believe the windshield didn't crack.

There are tons of good parts still on the car. Strip it and start over. Save that dash!

I must have stared at those pics for half an hour this morning. I couldn't find anything on the front end that I didn't have my hands on. I'm crushed, but more than that, I'm so glad you guys walked away from it.

this is a sad time for you right now, but you must move on and brighten up
this future hold better things.
and get started asap on that maroon 242 of yours (when your healed up)

ps, i ve been in a very scarry accident before-but not as bad as yours
i was speeding in a parking garage (a week after i got the car), and i took out the front drivers side fender, corners, bumper, fogs, headlight.
luckily everything got fixed fast and my dad found a black 244 that i got the fender from, etc...
the point is, life throws you some obsticales, but you must always get gun and shoot em' out until theyre unconcous and bleeding severly:-P
-hope that made you laugh

One of the cleanest 242s I have ever looked at stateside. Few and far between. At least you can say you had it.

It did its job, replaceable. Best of luck with everything.

Back