• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hackster's LSA / T56 2 door

good work on getting that brace to clear,

I figured you would either be sectioning the intake manifold or doing something of the sort.

One thing I would recommend is making a cap or gusset to blend between the sheet metal bar that you welded up and the top of the tubing.

Good advice. Had about a half hour at home last night and messed with these gussets a little bit. I also move the upper brace up 1/4", it was just a little close for comfort before.

I like this. I think I am going to incorporate a brace right into the upper strut tower bar for the brake booster instead of the bolt on version.

Can you show the brace from behind? Does the intake manifold extend past the main bar plate? If it doesn't you could box it in from behind to make it like angle iron.

I'd make room for the brake booster brace. It is as good as the strut brace itself, if not better.

Beautiful... I'm just going to set all my stuff on fire as it so inferior to this build. Good work, keep that progress rolling!

Can you show the brace from behind? Does the intake manifold extend past the main bar plate? If it doesn't you could box it in from behind to make it like angle iron.

The intake extends past the strut tower, I thought about that.

I'd make room for the brake booster brace. It is as good as the strut brace itself, if not better.

This is just for mock up. I will have the booster brake, but I want the mount welded to the strut tower, not the tube clamp that it comes with. I am picky I know.

Beautiful... I'm just going to set all my stuff on fire as it so inferior to this build. Good work, keep that progress rolling!

We all start somewhere!!! Been doing this a long time and I have had a lot of great people to learn from along the way. I like the learning part of building stuff.

Sean

Too slow...

^^^ what he said.

Haha....Thanks man!!!

That's the reason the internet drools over your cars, so there's that too.

Appreciate the props Harald!!

Not sure its the finished product but its close, will have two bolts to a tab welded to the bottom of the strut tower on the front tab and the same on the rear tab.

I gotta get some fuel system **** ordered up for this turd.

In tank Holley 450 with a hydramat is what I am thinking. Guys are having no issues running these things on -6 lines. Regulator will be near the tank. Thoughts?

Sean

What's the model year & trim level Mustang that donates its master cylinder to all of these 240s? I'm looking into this myself now...

In tank Holley 450 with a hydramat is what I am thinking. Guys are having no issues running these things on -6 lines. Regulator will be near the tank. Thoughts?

Sean

-6 would work but -8 would be better. Don't really want to mess with the fuel to much, Overkill is the answer in that department.

Your master cyl brace looks good.

Id prefer triangles instead of holes but you know...

I think doing it the way you are doing it is a bit cleaner and for a build like this its worth while.

The tube gussets on the main bar look great!

-6 would work but -8 would be better. Don't really want to mess with the fuel to much, Overkill is the answer in that department.

I used to feel that way as well, but in my research I have found that is not always the case.

The fuel rails on the factory LSA are only 5/16" as well as the quick disconnect for the fuel rail, the factory fuel pump is the same size. The fuel lines on the new ZR1 with the 750hp LT4 I believe are -6 as well.

Reading up on some gen 5 camaro forums guys are running up near 4 digit numbers on -6 lines.

I am more curious on feedback on the hydramat. I have heard awesome things about it being used in everything from road race cars to KOH rigs. I have a number of people I know running it and swear by it.

Thanks,

Sean

Your master cyl brace looks good.

Id prefer triangles instead of holes but you know...

I think doing it the way you are doing it is a bit cleaner and for a build like this its worth while.

The tube gussets on the main bar look great!

I didnt even think about that. Inside holes are hard for me to cut and make look perfect, remember I have very limited tooling at home, I do most of this with a small portaband, drill press and a crappy press I got for free.

I do like your idea though and I know you like triangles =)

Sean

I didnt even think about that. Inside holes are hard for me to cut and make look perfect, remember I have very limited tooling at home, I do most of this with a small portaband, drill press and a crappy press I got for free.

I do like your idea though and I know you like triangles =)

Sean

If you want to collaborate, I can send you some laser cut stuff that's precisely cut.

Ill just need some templates.

Back